hmmmh?

Started by j meyer, October 28, 2007, 04:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Lamppost

Looks like you have moved on a bit while I was away but I will post this anyway   ;D

From these examples at appears that any vector passed to a cloud layer at the density input is treated as if it were three separate layers, one Red, one Green and one Blue.

The first three are variations on this;' the first is some mad banded Perlin stolen from one of my other experiments (I said I was doing something psychedelic), the second is three power fractals using different random seeds and the third is three Cloud density fractals again using different seeds.

The forth is the same density fractal copied three times, the only difference being that the coverage is slightly adjusted on each.  This last one looks as if it has possibilities.

TGD included: simply connect the output of each build vector to the cloud layer density input.  Nothing very complicated but makes it simpler; saves you (Or anyone else), creating the basic nodes  :)
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

j meyer

Thank you very much Mr_L these look very promising especially the first and third
and i'll definitely look into the tgd later today.Maybe this will help to understand
better how to control certain aspects. :)

rcallicotte

Thanks, Mr. L.  These really are interesting and look like more fun.  How much can we take?   :o
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mr_Lamppost

Here's another one   ;D

An extension of the Perlin bands, this time using the same seed but putting the three colours out of phase.  Another tgd because I had to make adjustments to the Coverage Adjust in the cloud layer to get the effect I was after. 

The edges of the bands are quite sharp but I imagine this could be fixed with a little experimenting with Edge Sharpness and Density. 

I wonder if someone could develop this one into aurora?

j meyer

Heeeey one more to play with,great. ;D
The build to vector proved to be helpful and took me
closer to what i'm looking for,hopefully.

dhavalmistry

mind sharing the secret j meyer???
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

This sky by j meyer makes me think of Dr. Seuss, for some reason.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

This is all really cool stuff. Great experiments! These techniques might be useful for achieving an iridescent cloud look: http://www.atoptics.co.uk/droplets/iridim0.htm

- Oshyan

Volker Harun

Indeed, the correct lighting settings and contrasting Cloud/Scattering Colour should be used.

j meyer

Not that much of a secret endless hours of testing rather. ;D
A tgc is attached.

Dr.Seuss? Ain't that the author of the grinch?

Iridescent clouds,fascinating.

P.S.:Mr_L today i noticed the numbers you used in the first nasty perlin,
i like that,good choice,but where is the 23? ;D

Mr_Lamppost

Quotemind sharing the secret j meyer???

Looks like a Power Fractal – Perlin Ridges with a little negative colour adjust.  At least for the green component.   ;)

EDIT:- Oops someone else was typing, I usually get a warning if this happens   ;D

Oshyan  Interesting site; Will we be seeing these effects in TG3?

Oshyan

Who knows what greatness TG3 shall bring. ;)

- Oshyan

Mr_Lamppost

OK Cloud Fractal but I was right about the ridges   ;D

I am just looking at your red component. The subtlety gets lost in the mix.

23?

Cyber-Angel

You know that if by the time of TG3 the current R,G,B rendering core was replaced with an unbiased Spectral Renderer then TG3 would be able to do internally things that are not possible now  such as iridescence and polarization and my preference would be for it to be BSSRDF based rather than the more common and less accurate BRDF but I wonder weather TG3 will in fact be Physically Correct it may or may not happen, but it would be nice.   

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel   

dhavalmistry

you two seem to be obsessed with number 23 just like Jim Carrey :D

thanx for the tgc
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"