I think I'm getting this_Pine Forest023

Started by bobbystahr, April 21, 2019, 02:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Was doing spring cleaning sorting dusty cd's and found a back up of models and textures for a lot of the stuff that went out the window...woo hoo. Amongst it all was an architecture folder for a project I was helping a gal pal with and init were a small horde of .3ds(what Imagine read)trees and one folder of some quite lo res lodgepole pines that rendered fine in Imagine but I took them into PoseRay and one SubD of each model gave me these. Been tweaking this for hours and finally got some depth with increased camera exposure, set to 2.
That's Walli's Pine Bush and that the same scattered leaves but with pine needles on it. C&C welcome.
So in closing spring cleaning is a good thing.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Asterlil

That's what you call a successful scavenger hunt! There's a lovely mysterious mood about this wood.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Asterlil on April 21, 2019, 01:07:17 PM
That's what you call a successful scavenger hunt! There's a lovely mysterious mood about this wood.

I love it when no plan comes together hee hee hee...yeah I guess it does have that eerie feel...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

I like it! I some time ago wanted to do a similar not too dense forest too, but I was too bad in creating such a good ground at that time! Great, Bobby!

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on April 22, 2019, 02:54:09 AM
I like it! I some time ago wanted to do a similar not too dense forest too, but I was too bad in creating such a good ground at that time! Great, Bobby!

The ground is where this started Nils. The path and ground are both PBR textures that I'm experimenting with a bit of success with.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

Looks great, Bobby! Maybe the ground texture is a bit too grey?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on April 22, 2019, 08:04:09 AM
Looks great, Bobby! Maybe the ground texture is a bit too grey?

I'm using a PBR texture map set, that was the point of doing this image. Not totally happy with how it turned out and decided that this map set is really only good for 'hero shot' close ups...will mess around with that later. I'll likely just replace the forest floor with a PF blend in a future render.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

sboerner

Quotefound a back up of models and textures for a lot of the stuff that went out the window

Yay! That's a welcome bit of good news.

bobbystahr

Quote from: sboerner on April 22, 2019, 09:20:46 AM
Quotefound a back up of models and textures for a lot of the stuff that went out the window

Yay! That's a welcome bit of good news.

Sure made my day, thought forever that stuff was gone since 2010
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New