Rocks by using displacement and color maps made with Photoshop.

Started by René, April 23, 2019, 02:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormlord

This was unknown to me, thank you very much for this share!

STORMLORD

Antoine

René

A few more.
Displacement maps, fake stones and power fractals. I'm not sure about the vegetation, it's probably better if I leave it out.

Agura Nata

Fascinating!

I think that with the vegetation is a matter of opinion. I like it better without it.
Or insert blocks in front and put up larger trees with grass, I myself am still trying, but my pictures are more abstract ;)
"Live and Learn!"

Oshyan

I like *some* of the vegetation, but it does not seem to belong on the tops of the rocks. The plants in the *cracks* make sense to me though. Small bushes, grasses, etc. would work there and help to add realism as well as better distinguish the elements of the image.

- Oshyan

N-drju

The vegetation in between and even on top of the rocks should stay.

I can attest that Nature can find abodes for life even under the least hospitable circumstances. In my parents' garden I have a white gravel "basin" which is underlaid with two layers of plastic mulch. Still, given all these conditions, each spring I can see a few blades of grass growing up from, what is essentially, a few grains of dirt that occasionally drops in between the gravel.

Anyway, beautiful work René. No matter which decision you take, it's gonna be a cool pic.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Agura Nata

What would be interesting from my abstract point of view are rusty robot arms or wire arms that come out of cracks and on which grass tufts grow. There is also a leader arm with a shrubbery as a trademark :) ;)
"Live and Learn!"

René