Consolidating Lights and Objects

Started by Asterlil, April 23, 2019, 02:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asterlil

I'm developing my dojo scene, and have made (in Blender) a couple of Japanese stone lanterns. After laundering them in PoseRay, I imported one into an empty scene and positioned three light sources for the candle flames. The tea lights I'm using have flames, but their luminance didn't import, so, light sources. [tea light is by elkid, available under CC-3 which means it can be used anywhere as long as you give credit. See http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/70792.]

I have two questions:
1. How do I "soften" the lights? By making them larger?
2. Now that I have the lights where I want them, how do I keep them together with the lantern object to import into my dojo scene? In Blender, I would parent everything to an empty, then group the lot. It isn't easy (for me) to position the lights, and I'm daunted at the idea of having to do it again for every light in every lantern I place.

Dune

1. yes, but that also decreases intensity, so you must find a good balance.
2. I have some lights that 'belong' to an object and have the amount of rise baked into the file name of the object (they are at the exact location, but 3 and 5m up or so). So when I import that object it's simple. You can also save the whole lot as a tgc, but when you move the set around, you'd have to do it all separately again. There's no grouping (and moving all together) of elements.

Oshyan

Object grouping is a feature planned for a future update.

- Oshyan

Asterlil

Thanks for the info, Oshyan and Dune. I'm going to use a different lantern, then, with a single light.

Dune

@Oshyan; but does that include lights? Would be cool.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on April 25, 2019, 01:17:06 AM
@Oshyan; but does that include lights? Would be cool.

Oh yes! And maybe even cameras.

Oshyan

Honestly I don't know the details of what Matt plans, but I believe cameras are included, and would think lights would be as well.

- Oshyan