Terrain 2

Started by mr-miley, October 29, 2007, 05:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr-miley

Hi all. Long time no post. I am not dead..... well I wasn't the last time I looked  ;D I have been doing a large lump of consultancy work for a geotechnical database I beta test for, which seems to have taken up all my time. Thats all done and dusted now. The attached pic was rendering on my old 2 x 1Ghz PIII with 512MB of ram whilst I was doing my consultancy thing. It took 403 hours 33 mins to render at 1280 x 513. If you think this was a long time, I had to switch GI off, hence the dodgy looking clouds, and I had to knock the atmo and cloud quality down too cause the 1st time I tried to render with GI on (set to the default 2) it got to 108 hours and it was still rendering dots in the sky and had only got about a third of the way through that!!  :o Anyway the terrain came from the very first TG0.9 render I ever did. I am quite pleased with the sky and the clouds would have looked fab if I had a couple of months to spare to render the scene with the GI on  >:( I am also not happy with the "sun shining through the clouds" thing. I do hope they manage to fix this soon as its really annoying  >:( Never mind. Anyway hope y'all like and don't be too hard on your crit of the clouds.... not my fault  ;D And a big Hi there to the most esteemed Mr Birdman
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

rcallicotte

Marvelous.  This is excellent work.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

This does look really nice.  A pity you had to render it on a P3, though - talk about patience :o.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.