Misty Mountains WIP

Started by nvseal, November 04, 2007, 11:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvseal

Basically they're just mountains. Only post work here was auto-level. I now I need to up the atmosphere samples nut any more critiques (or suggestions) are welcome. I have not particularly made my mind up about the the clouds yet either.

bigben

I'm going to woos out on suggestions for the clouds too  ;) I like the lighting on them, particularly in the distance. I think roughing up the terrain  would be my main suggestion.  If you have GI on use a quality of 4 or more (is that a groan I hear for the render times?) and in the envirolight node, give the colour on surfaces a nice sky blue (works really well with snow). Give the colour on atmosphere a yellow/orange/red colour while you're there. (you may have tweaked these already)

dhavalmistry

nice one....the surfacing looks wrong for some reason....like BB said...roughing up the terrain would help....

I hate snow in almost all cases but I like this one and I also happen to pull one off...its rendering.....will post it when done....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

efflux

rcallicotte

Fantastic sky.  I agree with BigBen.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

sjefen

I agree with the above. The sky and clouds are beutiful. I also think roughing up the terrain would help a lot.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

nvseal

Thanks for the comments. I agree about the ground and have been workng on some changes that look better so far. I don't if I can stand 4 GI though bigben, especially after waiting on my last planet render.

bigben

I'll let you off with 3 then ;)   ... maybe even 2 if you don't get too close to a surface with the camera.