An "Eye Event"

Started by N-drju, May 13, 2019, 08:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Yesterday I experienced something that, in all my sensitivity, I can only describe as unsettling...

I went for a walk after a storm that went over my city and enjoyed a fresh air. At one moment, when I was heading west, I noticed that sun peeked from beyond the clouds for a moment. I sped up, just to catch a little extra sunlight that day.

And once I had a clear view of the sky, I froze...

Someone was clearly looking at me from above. The clouds formed in such a way that an opening was visible and it had the exact shape of a human eye. Even more so, the sun was in the middle of that opening like a giant iris.

The sun's dial and its location is not very well seen in this photo, but anyway, here's what it looked like:

[attach=1]

It all lasted no more than three minutes before the sun sank again beyond the "eyelids". As luck would have it, I was all alone on that street. Just standing there, feeling like an ant that has just been unearthed...

I just hope that this is a good omen...  :-[
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

Nice, and good idea for a render too  :)

Asterlil

I had one of those eye events one evening on my way to art class! The sky was interesting enough for me to stop and get a shot -- the clouds were moving fast -- and as I stood there to compose the shot, this happened. So I know just how you feel.

pokoy

I looked at the picture and immediately realized this has to be in Poland, the way street signs look over there is unique.

The 'eye' looks beautiful.
Pozdrawiam!

N-drju

Quote from: pokoy on May 14, 2019, 03:00:12 AM
I looked at the picture and immediately realized this has to be in Poland, the way street signs look over there is unique.

Pozdrawiam!

Correct! Funny thing though - I get the same feeling of familiarity upon seeing the Russian road signs. :D

I admit though that I'm not sure if you actually come from Russia Pokoy (the nick sounds like you could)?
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

pokoy

Quote from: N-drju on May 14, 2019, 05:10:35 AM
Quote from: pokoy on May 14, 2019, 03:00:12 AM

Pozdrawiam!

Correct! Funny thing though - I get the same feeling of familiarity upon seeing the Russian road signs. :D

I admit though that I'm not sure if you actually come from Russia Pokoy (the nick sounds like you could)?

I'm Polish - the nickname was an arbitrary thing without any meaning whatsoever. Yeah it may sound sort of Russian, just like Funky Koval - which we know isn't ;) God I loved it, miss the 80s and the scifi stuff from back then! Sorry for the random memories :D

N-drju

Ahhh, okay. Sorry for that! It's just that Russians also have a strong showing in the TG community and having some really good ideas too. And I often get confused about who is who in here!

W takim razie jest nas dwóch. ;) Również pozdrawiam! Andrzej.