Planet Pig

Started by efflux, October 30, 2007, 03:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

efflux

Yes, it's a strange title but I saw a pig in the rocks while working on this first render. Maybe it's not so noticeable now and other renders won't relate so much but I'm sticking with it.

Thanks to Volker for his massive enthusiasm with graph techniques.

Stars were obviously postworked and there were some minor level and colour adjustments.

There is another render I will link to tomorrow. I think it's much better than this one. More unusual and dramatic.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/media/folder_156/file_1550911.jpg

child@play

spider pig, eh?  ;D

really nice work
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

Will

looks like a angel pig, with wings you know.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

You are brilliant, sir.  Great work!
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

old_blaggard

Very nice :).  Your work with Voronoi has produced amazing results.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Mr_Lamppost

Very nice but I don't see the pig   :)
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

efflux

Thanks for your comments. I'm eagerly waiting for when Renderosity allows me to post the next one. It's my favourite out of all the TG2 images I have created so far. I will link here.

It's my favourite because it finally brings together all the things I want to use in TG2. The fantastic gritty realistic nature of the surfaces, the atmospheres and the Global illumination but still I can mess with slightly surreal rock forms.

In the image or at least early in this planets creation the rock looked like an animal with it's snout pointing upwards. In particular it looked like a pig to me. I always see these shapes. I think it's because in Mojo you especially get these kinds of organic forms so I'm used to seeing it.

I hope some of you guys are experimenting with some things on that voronoi thread, if you can work some of it out in our ramblings.

Aside note - my Mac is spell checking me again. In the UK we use favourite not favorite. Color is Colour in UK. Meter is metre and there are many others. In case US people here think our spelling is all wrong. I don't know if my Mac can be set to change this. Any Mac users here know about this?

efflux

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

sflynn

Breathtaking POV.

Awesome work.

old_blaggard

This look great, Efflux :).

As for the spellchecking, my best recommendation would be to turn it off - I did a bit of digging and couldn't find anything that localizes to the UK.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

FrankB

The last image is awesome. I can see a face in the foreground structure.

efflux

Thanks.

Ah yes. You saw it. Like an alien head?