Help with assests loading (cannot locate file)

Started by Nooraldeen1, May 29, 2019, 07:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nooraldeen1

Guys i need help ! i switched my work to a different pc and made a content folder with all the assets and linked it in preferences but still gives me this error !      "trlmage: Cannot locate file content folder\etc..."   gonna put an image for the error attached...Please Help urgently !  Thanks

bobbystahr

All your work of just a project? If just a project did you 'gather' it first?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Nooraldeen1

if by gathering you mean put all the assets in the content folder...yea i did that...or do you mean something else ?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Nooraldeen1 on May 29, 2019, 10:21:16 AM
if by gathering you mean put all the assets in the content folder...yea i did that...or do you mean something else ?

no that's what I was referring to...and of course you've checked the 'assets' folder for the content. It might be having a hard time locating image maps...I think I ran into that with gathered projects. TG likes the images to be in the exact same folder as the objects.
After re checking the pic that is what it's telling you.
C&P the image maps to the assets folder and things ought to work as they're supposed to.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

You might have to relink from the shaders involved.

cyphyr

Manually copying all your assets to your new folder won't work (well it might but it shouldn't)
You need to go to the file menu and select "Export Gathered Project".
This will prompt you to create a new folder which in turn will have a Project_Assets containing all you assets.
Most importantly this will rewrite all the paths within the Terragen project file to point  to the local Project_Assets folder.
You can now copy the entire gathered project to any location on any computer and it will open correctly.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)