Weathered Hill

Started by Lady of the Lake, June 03, 2019, 11:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady of the Lake

First image with my new computer!  Artwork is no better because of the limited talent but the render times are sure faster!!!  Makes doing this a whole lot more fun again. 

TG Creative:  Arizona Ash by Mark G.; grass by Masonpappy; Bushes by Wali?; plant by X-Frog.

DannyG

Putting the new PC to work! Nice to see you rendering again !
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Stormlord

Why buying a new one, I have an old Intel Quadcore 2,66GHz with 8 GB RAM and it works fine (but slowly)

[attach=1]
Hard on the edge with the old PC, 15 Hours Rendertime

STORMLORD

Lady of the Lake

Yea, slow was the word.  I had a thirteen year old dual core, 8 GB RAM.  Took hours to do anything.  Am really enjoying the faster render times.   :)

Oshyan

Very nice! I like the leaves on that tree. What's the new machine you got?

- Oshyan

Dune

Nice work. Maybe you should cluster the grasses more, and leave bare sand/soil between clusters, an occasional fake stone, and perhaps some dead branches (clustered a bit too, not too evenly spread). And you could add some low flowering plants (clustered too).

Lady of the Lake

New computer is HP Omen, i7-8700, 6 core, 16 GB RAM.  Would have like more RAM but budget wouldn't allow. ;D

Point well taken, Dune, about the clustering of the plants/etc.  Thanks.

WAS

I heard those HP Omens aren't too shabby. Nice image, agree with Ulco. Have fun on the new machine. :D

masonspappy

Nice Render! Good to see you back rendering again!

Hannes

Quote from: Lady of the Lake on June 04, 2019, 08:03:50 AM
New computer is HP Omen, i7-8700, 6 core, 16 GB RAM.  Would have like more RAM but budget wouldn't allow. ;D

I have the same machine, but ordered 32GB Ram, when I bought it. I think it's worth it.