Preview Render View window history states?

Started by kentm, June 11, 2019, 01:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kentm

Hi folks,

Is there a way/hack/plug-in to allow history states in the preview Render View window?

To my personal ideal this would function similar to how it does in Maya, where after a preview render is completed there would be an option to "Save" the render, allowing me to scroll back through the saved renders using the scroll bar.

Thanks,
Kent

WAS

Quote from: kentm on June 11, 2019, 01:56:56 PM
Hi folks,

Is there a way/hack/plug-in to allow history states in the preview Render View window?

To my personal ideal this would function similar to how it does in Maya, where after a preview render is completed there would be an option to "Save" the render, allowing me to scroll back through the saved renders using the scroll bar.

Thanks,
Kent

I think this has been asked before, and actually has been added to the roadmap, so you may be in luck there. Who knows when it may surface though, I don't think we have a public roadmap of expectations.

Additionally it would be fantastic if we can transpose a finished render to the preview windows, which would pause the preview and allow us to use tools like the Painted Shader on a finished render allowing for precise placement of brush strokes compared to the final terrain. Than, just unpause and watch the magic happen with new updates via precise brushing.

Oshyan

This functionality is planned for the future.

- Oshyan

kentm

cyphyr

Quote from: WASasquatch on June 11, 2019, 02:05:19 PM
Additionally it would be fantastic if we can transpose a finished render to the preview windows, which would pause the preview and allow us to use tools like the Painted Shader on a finished render allowing for precise placement of brush strokes compared to the final terrain. Than, just unpause and watch the magic happen with new updates via precise brushing.

It would be great if the render window and the preview window were basically the same window with a simple button/keypress to switch back and forth between them.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

WAS

Quote from: cyphyr on June 11, 2019, 04:35:34 PM
Quote from: WASasquatch on June 11, 2019, 02:05:19 PM

It would be great if the render window and the preview window were basically the same window with a simple button/keypress to switch back and forth between them.

That would might make the functionality I described easier to do too. That would be very nice.