More Free Xfrog Trees

Started by D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet), July 02, 2019, 11:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

The email I got said there are 150 free trees/plants here:
http://xfrog.com/category/samples.html

Looks like you have to add them to your cart and check out, so you will have to make an account but the trees are great so it's worth the trouble.

WAS

Seems to be the same line-up they have had, though I may be wrong. I believe they count all their models within their packages. I still think their models are pretty good, and the base models can always be updated with PBR materials.

bobbystahr

Agree, these have been offered for a few years now. I have them all....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

jaf

Also, it's strange they haven't update their software too.  I've been tempted a couple times to purchase the Windows version, but on closer inspection it appears it's the same version offered for several years.  Guess they don't want competition with their content from their own content generation software.
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Asterlil

XFrog also offer a lot of models on Turbosquid, and if you watch for the sales you can get them highly discounted. The only drawback is that you can't get tgo files there,you have to go with the obj versions.

WAS

Quote from: Asterlil on July 08, 2019, 12:52:26 PM
XFrog also offer a lot of models on Turbosquid, and if you watch for the sales you can get them highly discounted. The only drawback is that you can't get tgo files there,you have to go with the obj versions.

I'm still not sure if those are legit, cause what they often offer free on TurboSquid is paid for on their website.

Upon Infinity

Quote from: WASasquatch on July 08, 2019, 01:12:27 PM

I'm still not sure if those are legit, cause what they often offer free on TurboSquid is paid for on their website.

Is there a way to confirm that the seller on TurboSquid is verified?

WAS

Quote from: Upon Infinity on July 11, 2019, 06:33:11 PM
Quote from: WASasquatch on July 08, 2019, 01:12:27 PM

Is there a way to confirm that the seller on TurboSquid is verified?

Ironically, it looks like we may have inadvertently cleaned up TurboSquid, or they caught on. The only free models now are offered by xfrog itself, only two, and only select model versions. https://www.turbosquid.com/Search/3D-Models/free/xfrog

They also don't seem to offer TGO on any distributor anymore except their main website.

bobbystahr

Ironically, it looks like we may have inadvertently cleaned up TurboSquid, or they caught on. The only free models now are offered by xfrog itself, only two, and only select model versions. https://www.turbosquid.com/Search/3D-Models/free/xfrog

They also don't seem to offer TGO on any distributor anymore except their main website.
[/quote]

There's actually 3 at that link and the one I don't have requires a key file/password...any ideas?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on July 12, 2019, 01:51:44 PM
There's actually 3 at that link and the one I don't have requires a key file/password...any ideas?

That Carnation is a reupload by arslan which I think may have had all the other up that were free that are now gone. To obtain the password to the file, from xfrog, you must complete some third party survey... through a download.

Do not download from this website or visit the URL given in the Key.txt.

Carnation Coral can be obtained through xfrog at: http://xfrog.com/product/RS09.html and is not free, listed at $44.99 at the time of this post, on sale from $89.99.

This is why I do not like TurboSquid's free section. I have used a CC0 model in a project before, come to find out it's sold by someone on another market under another format and name, causing a headache for someone I was contracting for.

bobbystahr

Yeah Jordan I found that and backed out
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Asterlil

So Turbosquid don't vet vendor submissions?

WAS

Quote from: Asterlil on July 13, 2019, 03:04:19 AM

They may not have. Something has happened and the like dozens of free xfrog plants that weren't really free seemed to be removed. Probably by xfrog, cause it seems there are couple on there by xfrog themselves.

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on July 13, 2019, 03:14:52 AM

They may not have. Something has happened and the like dozens of free xfrog plants that weren't really free seemed to be removed. Probably by xfrog, cause it seems there are couple on there by xfrog themselves.

Too bad they don't spend as much energy updating the program as they do policing illegal upload/shares. Can't remember when an update appeared...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on July 13, 2019, 09:24:27 AM
Quote from: WASasquatch on July 13, 2019, 03:14:52 AM

Too bad they don't spend as much energy updating the program as they do policing illegal upload/shares. Can't remember when an update appeared...

I tried xfrog a long time ago and was kinda really confused and didn't accomplish much in the time I was allowed. Maybe they lost their artist?