PBR Displacement Advice

Started by WAS, July 04, 2019, 03:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

There's even very basic misconception of the level of detail 3D scanning can even accomplish without approximation, or a 10-20 thousand dollar CT scanner (which is technically not 3D Scanning and another field altogether like TOF)

I've already posted a article from the THOR model, which was a high quality scanner (they have a new model) and it wasn't even capable of the level of resolution of a modern TOF by leaps and bounds. 25% quantum effeciency at 0.7mm scale of the THOR compared to a quantum efficiency of 50% at 0.13mm scale. Speaks for itself. Just because it's not widely public for people to do what they want with the APIs doesn't mean it's not possible or why I'm ecstatic (like many). It's cost effective for higher detail and performance.

The puddy vase model scanned is likely even larger than the person scanned for the facial recognition, the vase itself being larger than the mans head likely, and we can immediately see the quality differences between the meshes... the facial recognition mesh is of far superior mesh quality

Oshyan

WAS, I've asked you to drop the topic and you've responded by calling me arrogant and swearing at me. That's not acceptable behavior here. We value your contributions and want you to be able to continue to be a positive member of this community. Please take a step back and calm down.

I'm locking this topic now.

- Oshyan