Population editing

Started by hvdosten, July 18, 2019, 11:40:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Quote from: hvdosten on July 19, 2019, 04:16:26 pm
because the gathered project exceeds 25 MB, I am sending the data to you via wetransfer, right now.

Another problem....occurred since I upgraded. Some of the text in the menu disappeared....

[attach=1]

[attach=2]


I am working with an iMac...


Could this be related to theme being used? I noticed your TG GUI is dark, which I don't believe it's originally setup to view under. Missing text altogether is strange too... font issue?
Check out my Terragen Discord: https://discord.gg/Vy5FRTE

hvdosten

the OS is up to date...

[attach=1]


and the default scene is looking like this:

[attach=2]


WAS

Quote from: hvdosten on July 19, 2019, 04:24:23 pm
the OS is up to date...

[attach=1]


and the default scene is looking like this:

[attach=2]


Huh, so that project XML may be messed up. They'll be able to diagnose this at support.
Check out my Terragen Discord: https://discord.gg/Vy5FRTE

Oshyan

OK, your project loads alright here. The missing node names appear to just be related to the zoom level. Zoom in and they should appear. There are a lot of disconnected nodes in the Shaders area and I am not sure if they are supposed to be that way, or if the project got corrupted.

As far as the population issue, I see two problems, and I am not sure if they are due to something you accidentally did, or some kind of odd project corruption.

First, the populator had no object connected to it as the "Object maker". Usually this is an object inside the Populator node and connected to its "Object maker" node input. You had an object in this scene that is *outside* the Populator, and again not connected to the Object maker input of the Populator. So that's problem 1.

Second, if I connect the only object in the scene to the Populator Object Maker input, it doesn't work because the object is moved away from the 0,0,0 coordinate origin. This is a problem for the populator. Moving that object back to 0,0,0 seems to fix it all for me (once it is connected to the Object Maker input on the Populator, of course). However I am unsure if A: this is actually the object you intended to use for the populator and B: whether you moved the object out of the Populator node for some reason, and C: whether you moved the object's physical location from 0,0,0 and if so why.

Also would be good to know, as I mentioned previously, why you had "Repopulate on every frame" enabled.

- Oshyan

hvdosten

thanks a lot for checking this project. I will have a very close look at it, based on your comments, tomorrow when my brain is full of power again...  :-)

Concerning your last question... I enabled 'Repopulate on every frame' in my desperation when I had that problem, hoping that this could help... and forgot to disable it again. Sorry...


Oshyan

Ah, no problem. Just good to eliminate all unnecessary settings. :)

- Oshyan

hvdosten

well...I tried it again....and now it works again...

[attach=1]

and I hope that tomorrow I will understand what I have done wrong, following your second last reply...

thanks again, Oshyan


Dune

Well, it showed from your initial screenshot that no 'object maker' object was selected, so that was obviously the main problem.

Oshyan

True, I just didn't notice at that time.

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on July 20, 2019, 02:14:05 pm
True, I just didn't notice at that time.

- Oshyan


Same. Though seems painfully obvious now. The GUI theme really threw me off looking at stuff in general though.
Check out my Terragen Discord: https://discord.gg/Vy5FRTE