Valley and stream.

Started by mhaze, July 22, 2019, 05:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

Just exploring rock shapes and textures. I've used both image maps and procedural textures which I shall continue to explore as there's lots of potential. There's lots that needs work but I'm not inspired by the basic architecture so I'm calling a halt here.

Dune

Nice setup anyway. I admit artifacts are hard to get rid of with strange displacements. Overlap or inside-out is imminent if you don't pay attention. It's always good to keep in mind that it's just a thin piece of skin that we're trying to fold the way we need it. No volumes.

DocCharly65

Echo Ulco. Nice render...and I know the struggle with needles or stuff like this since i worked with Luc 's canyon...

WAS

You'd be shocked to by what nature creates that we find as erroneous displacement here in Terragen. Often I'll knit-pick both clouds and displacement, and take a walk through the woods (always interesting cliffy stuff and erratic boulders and stuff) and be immediately corrected by nature doing all sorts of absurd geometric shapes, even in clouds that I often pass up in seeds as (bad).

Granted, straight tears into the huge void that is a the planet is another story. lOl

The trick really, is mixing these types of noises with other noises, less noises, etc, to create a realistic continuity. When I find something interesting in nature, it isn't repeated over and over. :P

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

bobbystahr

Well done in any case...a good jumping off point for a new and better grab at the brass ring...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist