Viz People - Free Birch Tree

Started by WAS, July 25, 2019, 08:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Free birch tree from Viz People. I'm not sure of the quality as I'm actually waiting for the file to finish (now an hour later). Google servers seem slow, and it can't even give me an estimate or file size (460mb downloaded so far) of the archive. Seems to be lots of variations models.

https://www.viz-people.com/portfolio/free-3d-models-trees/

Oshyan

683MB, in case you're still downloading. The Google link was very fast for me, for what it's worth.

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on July 25, 2019, 08:42:05 PM
683MB, in case you're still downloading. The Google link was very fast for me, for what it's worth.

- Oshyan

It finished after about 5 minutes (retry). Pathetically slow, and as a open stream, no headers. Google usually doesn't do that so not sure what that was all about. I used the mirror 1 for the OBJ to clarify.

WAS

The models need to be resized, whether in TG or outside, and they need their shaders fixed as they seem to be using example colours in the ones I tested. Of course the parts are unnamed so should use poseray.  If you test without fixing in TG a scale of 0.005 min and 0.0075 max seems to work nice with cameras 10 meter height.

So far their freebies seem to have issues with packages which may be why they are free. Hopefully not representative of their products.