bobbystahr

And I got this...kinda like it but...C&C welcome/needed
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

I like it too. The river looks pretty good, maybe a little less amplitude. 

The tree trunks are green, which is sure interesting, and I kinda like it. The landscape looks good too though it would be interesting to see how it eroded.

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on August 10, 2019, 11:46:53 PMI like it too. The river looks pretty good, maybe a little less amplitude.

The tree trunks are green, which is sure interesting, and I kinda like it. The landscape looks good too though it would be interesting to see how it eroded.

Thanks Jordan, agree on the river, the green trunks are due to using colours instead of  a greyscale PF on the colour vary function. I think this came up in another render. The only fix would be to duplicate the pop and in one, turn the trunks/branches off, and no colour vary on the other with the leaves zeroed out.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 11, 2019, 12:40:32 AM
Quote from: WASasquatch on August 10, 2019, 11:46:53 PMI like it too. The river looks pretty good, maybe a little less amplitude.

Thanks Jordan, agree on the river, the green trunks are due to using colours instead of  a greyscale PF on the colour vary function. I think this came up in another render. The only fix would be to duplicate the pop and in one, turn the trunks/branches off, and no colour vary on the other with the leaves zeroed out.

Oh that's right, I remember this being discussed. Couldn't you just add your variations to the colour input of the default shader with the images still active (grayscale PF)? You could also use a Image Shader and load the foliage, and than merge it with a PF (or series of shaders) at a desired mix to variate it. You can also intersect the whole default shader with a surface layer or merge layer and add colour variation there before entering the part node. This would of course mean you don't have reflection or anything active to be masked over.

Just three different ways to think about. But in general though I like the scene, great work. Long render though. :O

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

mhaze

Lots of potential in this. Excellent water, perhaps a little less displacement and some better colour for the rocks.

Stormlord

The water is very good, I like the waves

STORMLORD