Messin' with Mhaze's Rock Study

Started by Rich2, August 21, 2019, 11:49:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Users should make their decision based on knowledge about what each render method does and costs. Maybe most aren't completely incompetent, but some may just hit the button and start waiting...............................................................

WAS

Quote from: Dune on Today at 03:00:24 amUsers should make their decision based on knowledge about what each render method does and costs. Maybe most aren't completely incompetent, but some may just hit the button and start waiting...............................................................

At which point logical reasoning may tell them it may be a long wait (...) at that bucket-rate, and they may need to reconsider their quality decisions, etc. I can see when buckets are slow and something needs to be changed if I'm around. Only time things are a issue is when I go to bed without monitoring and wake to 14 buckets finished of 48 after 8-12 hours.

Arbitrary learning can lead to some cool realizations but shouldn't be like a basis for advise. Yes PT is slow but it has it achieves it's goal.

And issues like this scene I feel it's a quirk of the current state of the PT rather than it as a whole or what to expect from a finished product. Such as rogue inter-reflective scenes from one angle to another creating a 800x render difference. Definitely not normal.

And while I may not have 12 cores to render in whole faster, my cores are clocked higher than a lot of users her and Inherently on their per-core performance, out-perform most workstation cores. 3.8ghz - 4.5ghz is pretty fast for a bucket. 
Check out my Terragen Discord: https://discord.gg/Vy5FRTE