Revelation

Started by RichTwo, August 30, 2019, 10:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

Since my render time issue has been resolved, I can now afford to create (and discard) several images a day instead of working all day on just one.  And this is just one.  Done in 22 minutes.

I chose "Revelation" as the subject name because essentially the render node was the main influence. I tested it out by plugging in several different displacement setups.  I found some had little or no effect and only one so far that did by nearly tripling the 22 minutes. Still, that's not bad at all providing that I'm willing to sacrifice a shorter render to get a desired result.  I also tested out Path Tracing, and it was about 1-1/2 hours to complete.  And not as good as without.

Well, anyway I hope I don't bore you with my exoplanetary themes.
They're all wasted!

bobbystahr

Not bored, I come here to learn and be inspired, both of which happened in this thread.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Looks great! I'm glad you could reduce rendertimes a lot!

torebernhoft

Terragen 4 pro

Oshyan

As I've said before, I love your work and style. This image is right in line with that, although I would say just a tad light/low contrast for my taste. But otherwise great.

I'm also really glad to hear that reducing your render times has enabled more creative output! That is *exactly* what I hoped, so it's very satisfying to hear that. :)

- Oshyan

N-drju

I love exoplanetary themes and space, so keep posting.

Good work on the new world. Is it habitable? ;)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

raymoh

"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)