bog pathway

Started by Dune, September 06, 2019, 01:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

Nice one! Looks the the guy on the right is trying to explain to the other dude how the cart landed in the bog. :)

KlausK

I`d be quite happy with the changes if I were your client 8)
One thing at first glance: the child being completely in the shadow is almost black.
The calf is not so noticable even though it would be nice if the head got some more light too.
But I`d have a look at the position of the child once more.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

Thanks guys. I've already changed that child, as it struck me too. And there were grasses through the pathway and a branch in front, and they obstructed a clear view of calf and kid. I added some very low cranberrieplants, and increased number of branches of the internal grass. I'm also working on the guy that tried to get to his cart (but failed) :P

otakar

Man, that's amazing. The atmosphere is perfect to me. I don't think I'd want to walk out on these planks, though. Looks way too precarious. There are some barren areas in the foreground. If it's mud, maybe a smoother wetter look would be beneficial. Just a thought.

Dune

Thanks. Some of the front barren areas have been overgrown in the meantime, but I guess an RT reflection may give it all an even wetter look than the now non-RT reflections of the mud. Only flattened parts of the mud have RT reflection to create puddles. The few pools (fractal warped SSS's) have been flattened from the total bulging blanketbog, and brought up again to a certain waterlevel.
I also made new cottongrass (Eriophorum angustifolium) and Narthecium ossifragum (bone breaker!).
Only thing that still needs change are the spoked wheels; they weren't introduced until the Romans came. And maybe I'll try some RT reflection on the mud too.

N-drju

Getting there. But I wonder - how did you get the 10 sun power value and still keep the entire image nicely lit without a "nuclear light" effect? I never even go above 5 fearing that it might be too bright. :o
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

I don't know actually, just tried it and it worked nicely. I wanted that sky to light up. Maybe upping sunpower isn't a lineair increase?

Dune

Tested with a decreased amount of RT reflectivity on the mud. Pretty nice, I guess. Wetter than without RT. Took longer of course, but I still think I can render the whole 6600x3300px in 8 hours or so.
I may even through a PF at it to get some dryer patches and some wetter.

N-drju

Wow! Good idea with the reflection settings, I love it. However, I'd drop the "dry PF" idea altogether. I think the dry - wet balance is already taken care of by the wet mud vs. puddles of water and it's all that's really needed.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Hannes

Quote from: N-drju on September 10, 2019, 11:47:32 AMI think the dry - wet balance is already taken care of by the wet mud vs. puddles of water and it's all that's really needed.
I agree, but who knows? Maybe it's an improvement, maybe not...

But imho you could add some irregularity to the reflections of the pools. They look a bit too perfect, like a mirror.

All in all a fantastic image!!!!!

Dune

The whole render is finished and off to the client. This is a small crop of it, but I really like the light.

Hannes

CredePendrel

Agreed! The lighting in this shot is great! Very cool atmosphere.