All The Trees Are Brown

Started by bobbystahr, September 29, 2019, 02:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

today's dismal doodle, cold and overcast here...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Nice start. If you want to finish this, I'd darken the city a lot more, and work on the foreground pool.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 29, 2019, 02:52:34 AMNice start. If you want to finish this, I'd darken the city a lot more, and work on the foreground pool.
Originally it had the sun behind the city, I may take that tack next..the pool is supposed to be grotty, considering a rusty barrel and and a tire for that, and a sewer pipe entering at the inlet, bottom leftish. Any idea how to do the oil on water effect?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Sounds good. Maybe decrease displacement around the pool and make it muddy.
If you use some very warped colored fractals on a surface shader, and add a reflective (maybe increase the 1.33 to 1.8) shader after the fractals, surface shader masked by a warped ridgy fractal, and add that after the water shader, you may get some nice oily effects.
If I type an 8, you get a smiley, huh...

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 29, 2019, 09:23:15 AMSounds good. Maybe decrease displacement around the pool and make it muddy.
If you use some very warped colored fractals on a surface shader, and add a reflective (maybe increase the 1.33 to 1.8) shader after the fractals, surface shader masked by a warped ridgy fractal, and add that after the water shader, you may get some nice oily effects.
If I type an 8, you get a smiley, huh...
Cool, I'll give that a go after rehearsal...doing back up guitar with a new singer so gotta learn the tunes today. .8

not me even with a .8
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

sboerner

. . . and the sky is gray.

Nice start, Bobby. Looking forward to see where you take it.