xFrog Opinions

Started by rcallicotte, November 08, 2007, 11:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

I've heard various opinions about xFrog plants, but I'm considering getting one of these packages.  I realize this is asking opinions, but I'll take anything anyone has to say about the xFrogs in general and especially any preferences of the sort of packages you like.  I'm liking a few of the packages, but not all and the prices seem expensive.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

I was planning on getting the groundcover package..but its too expensive....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

old_blaggard

I had to get the Xfrog Tropics set for the documentary I'm working on, and thus far I have been really impressed with the plants.  There was one single issue with one single .obj in the whole set, and it took about thirty seconds to fix.  The textures are nice and the models are very detailed.

However, unless you are planning to do an extensive series of images based around the included plants, and/or are going to make money off of using them, the rather high price wouldn't seem justified to me.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

sjefen

They are expensive alright, but if you got money, buy one and still got some money left I think you should do it.

I am a owner of the USA Conifers and are very, very happy with them. I bought this one cause I like those type of trees, but also cause they fit in many scenes. You can almost use them at anytime.
I'm considering getting the Europe 2 now.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

rcallicotte

Thanks to everyone here for your comments.  I suspected these would be nice, having seen a few renders with xFrog and loved what I saw.  This was helpful.  Any more opinions are welcome.

nvseal

My opinion is buy a set and then donate it to my recently started poor college student terragen drive.  ;D We are a non-profit organization.

dhavalmistry

Quote from: nvseal on November 11, 2007, 03:31:58 PM
My opinion is buy a set and then donate it to my recently started poor college student terragen drive.  ;D We are a non-profit organization.

shouldnt that conflict with copyright laws??....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

sjefen

Quote from: dhavalmistry on November 11, 2007, 07:22:14 PM

I'm pretty sure nvseal was just joking ;D

128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

ozijon

Hi i have the europe 1 set and they are also very good
it dosent say anything about shairing them as long as they are not resold or modafied
but i think becouse of the price we maybe should look into some sort of way so as we can shair them
must look into it on the terms again see what it says
if its ok i won't minde at all to post some up anyway we see what happens
            Thanks
              John

sjefen

Inside your DVD cover it says:

All data on this DVD is supplied under license to you as a single end-user.

No contents on this DVD may be resold, re-distributed or reproduced in any format without
permission of Lintermann und Deussen Gbr.

I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but why would you want to share something
for free with others when you have paid with your money for it?
The thought may be good and all. I just don't understand.

128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

nvseal

Yeah, after all, I was joking.  ;)

ozijon

Yes i see that now hadnt read it threw soooooooo as they say
thats the way the cooky crumbles  oh well  ;D

rcallicotte

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: sjefen on November 11, 2007, 07:30:21 PM
Quote from: dhavalmistry on November 11, 2007, 07:22:14 PM

I'm pretty sure nvseal was just joking ;D

rcallicotte

I like the looks of the Europe #1 set.  I'm thinking the Basic has a lot of variety.  So it's a toss-up.

Quote from: ozijon on November 12, 2007, 03:14:20 AM
Hi i have the europe 1 set and they are also very good
it dosent say anything about shairing them as long as they are not resold or modafied
but i think becouse of the price we maybe should look into some sort of way so as we can shair them
must look into it on the terms again see what it says
if its ok i won't minde at all to post some up anyway we see what happens
            Thanks
              John