Terragen book illustrations

Started by Dune, October 05, 2019, 02:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Congratulations Ulco to those brilliant renders and their usage.
Must be a really good feeling :)

Dune

Yes, the only thing that annoys me is if they print it too dark, and that happens quite often.

Agura Nata

Thats great my friend, Congratulations!
"Live and Learn!"

Dune

Another TG render that made it into a book (about Vikings, also available in English), and one of the major Dutch newspapers used it for an article: NRC newspaper article

WAS

Great work! The full two-page illustration works well! And your fire-pit came out well on print.

If anyone is interested they can obtain a copy through de Drentse Landschap. I have it on my wishlist for Christmas to support the publisher and Ulco. I hope it gets picked.

https://www.drentslandschap.nl/winkel/de-neanderthaler-in-noord-nederland

PS your work with flats/marshes with all the mud work and canals is really great in the viking one.

sboerner

Somehow missed this earlier, Ulco. Congratulations and I agree that it must be rewarding to see your work in print. Nothing else compares.

Dune

Thanks guys. Here's another link to what the museum uses the illustration for (in Dutch I'm afraid): Viking educational pdf
And another one: educational with crops highlighted
And another one for the English book: We Vikings  There's a Dutch one as well of course.
Btw, I won't benefit of book sales, for your information.

@Steve: if you don't want to miss any new or updated threads, click on the unread posts upper right of the page.

DocCharly65

Ulco, I'm very proud of you! that's one of the most detailed and interesting renders! The presentation with the highlighted crops is a little miracle! I am still speechless!

Dune

Thank you, Nils :)  But don't be speechless for too long ;)

otakar

Quote from: DocCharly65 on October 25, 2019, 02:58:06 AMUlco, I'm very proud of you! that's one of the most detailed and interesting renders! The presentation with the highlighted crops is a little miracle! I am still speechless!
Yes, well worth checking out. Shows you the crazy high resolution Dune is working with. But what's with those linens haging to dry? Did someone color them purple? :)

Dune

Yes, that's being colored (in those days) by using the yellow flowers on the left side of the image: isatis tinctoria

sboerner

The links are well worth checking out. Your work is such an inspiration!

Quote from: undefined@Steve: if you don't want to miss any new or updated threads, click on the unread posts upper right of the page.

Yup, still getting used to the new layout. Thanks.