New Default AA

Started by WAS, October 22, 2019, 02:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Good to see the new AA pushed standard. I want to say again, good work on this. Render times, at least for me, are pretty much consistently better. I was wondering why things seemed speedier, and that's cause latest frontier has it set default. I usually enable for final renders going to sleep.

Thanks, good work Matt.

Matt

Thanks WAS. Yeah, robust adaptive sampling is usually faster than the legacy sampler and this allows the default AA to be higher. Defer All Shading is also enabled by default, and it slightly reduces the quality of the default scene but it's generally the right choice for most scenes that have interesting things going on.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Quote from: Matt on October 22, 2019, 03:15:54 AMThanks WAS. Yeah, robust adaptive sampling is usually faster than the legacy sampler and this allows the default AA to be higher. Defer All Shading is also enabled by default, and it slightly reduces the quality of the default scene but it's generally the right choice for most scenes that have interesting things going on.

Which, even Defer All seems faster, but that may be because of the combination of Robust, which it's more built for (?). In the past I noticed it was a little slower, but I don't seem to "care" for the difference now and fine with how you have default settings set.