Cloud Altitude and Density

Started by WAS, October 22, 2019, 05:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valri

It's times like these I really wish Terragen had a better way to group nodes, you can really overload the node network quickly just trying to make a single complex cloud like this, maybe the devs can create a group/box where you don't have to have the nodes all shown at once, sort of like how operating systems have file/folder standards. Just a thought!
Put that in your pipeline and smoke it!

WAS

Quote from: Valri on January 10, 2020, 02:47:10 PMIt's times like these I really wish Terragen had a better way to group nodes, you can really overload the node network quickly just trying to make a single complex cloud like this, maybe the devs can create a group/box where you don't have to have the nodes all shown at once, sort of like how operating systems have file/folder standards. Just a thought!

Have you looked into the Null Shader? You can even store a cloud layers shaders within it's node.

You can highlight, and cut (Ctrl + X) shaders, and enter the internal node network of the parent shader, and paste them in. Here is an example video.

When there are shaders present within a node, that little [ + ] box appears at the right side of the shader, acting as a shortcut to the internal node network.

Valri

Quote from: WAS on January 10, 2020, 06:37:50 PM
Quote from: Valri on January 10, 2020, 02:47:10 PMIt's times like these I really wish Terragen had a better way to group nodes, you can really overload the node network quickly just trying to make a single complex cloud like this, maybe the devs can create a group/box where you don't have to have the nodes all shown at once, sort of like how operating systems have file/folder standards. Just a thought!

Have you looked into the Null Shader? You can even store a cloud layers shaders within it's node.

You can highlight, and cut (Ctrl + X) shaders, and enter the internal node network of the parent shader, and paste them in. Here is an example video.

When there are shaders present within a node, that little [ + ] box appears at the right side of the shader, acting as a shortcut to the internal node network.
Alrighty! That works! I tried something like this before, I just was not quite sure how to use the null shader before, this show come in handy in the future!
Put that in your pipeline and smoke it!

Oshyan

There's a handy article in the docs (wiki) on this: https://planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Organizing_Your_Terragen_Project#Organizing_with_Null_Shaders

Also a video will be published soon about it.

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on January 10, 2020, 09:06:12 PMThere's a handy article in the docs (wiki) on this: https://planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Organizing_Your_Terragen_Project#Organizing_with_Notes

Also a video will be published soon about it.

- Oshyan

Too add to what Oshyan... added... you can also conveniently put shaders within a Note, though you'll need to "anchor connect" any output. But it could be a great waiy to explain what's going on within that specific shader group.