Cloud Altitude and Density

Started by WAS, October 22, 2019, 05:45:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valri

It's times like these I really wish Terragen had a better way to group nodes, you can really overload the node network quickly just trying to make a single complex cloud like this, maybe the devs can create a group/box where you don't have to have the nodes all shown at once, sort of like how operating systems have file/folder standards. Just a thought!
Put that in your pipeline and smoke it!

WAS

January 10, 2020, 06:37:50 pm #31 Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 06:53:33 pm by WAS
Quote from: Valri on January 10, 2020, 02:47:10 pmIt's times like these I really wish Terragen had a better way to group nodes, you can really overload the node network quickly just trying to make a single complex cloud like this, maybe the devs can create a group/box where you don't have to have the nodes all shown at once, sort of like how operating systems have file/folder standards. Just a thought!

Have you looked into the Null Shader? You can even store a cloud layers shaders within it's node.

You can highlight, and cut (Ctrl + X) shaders, and enter the internal node network of the parent shader, and paste them in. Here is an example video.

When there are shaders present within a node, that little [ + ] box appears at the right side of the shader, acting as a shortcut to the internal node network.

Valri

Quote from: WAS on January 10, 2020, 06:37:50 pm
Quote from: Valri on January 10, 2020, 02:47:10 pmIt's times like these I really wish Terragen had a better way to group nodes, you can really overload the node network quickly just trying to make a single complex cloud like this, maybe the devs can create a group/box where you don't have to have the nodes all shown at once, sort of like how operating systems have file/folder standards. Just a thought!

Have you looked into the Null Shader? You can even store a cloud layers shaders within it's node.

You can highlight, and cut (Ctrl + X) shaders, and enter the internal node network of the parent shader, and paste them in. Here is an example video.

When there are shaders present within a node, that little [ + ] box appears at the right side of the shader, acting as a shortcut to the internal node network.
Alrighty! That works! I tried something like this before, I just was not quite sure how to use the null shader before, this show come in handy in the future!
Put that in your pipeline and smoke it!

Oshyan

January 10, 2020, 09:06:12 pm #33 Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 06:31:06 pm by Matt
There's a handy article in the docs (wiki) on this: https://planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Organizing_Your_Terragen_Project#Organizing_with_Null_Shaders

Also a video will be published soon about it.

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on January 10, 2020, 09:06:12 pmThere's a handy article in the docs (wiki) on this: https://planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Organizing_Your_Terragen_Project#Organizing_with_Notes

Also a video will be published soon about it.

- Oshyan

Too add to what Oshyan... added... you can also conveniently put shaders within a Note, though you'll need to "anchor connect" any output. But it could be a great waiy to explain what's going on within that specific shader group.