repopulate

Started by Dune, October 20, 2019, 09:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Could it be that in the latest build something is off again in populating? Every time I change one or two parameters in an object (so no displacement in main line), the pops start to repopulate.

WAS

I think I was noticing this yesterday. Simple colour edits and all my grasses wanted to repopulate taking some time. There is no displacement or alteration to pop settings.

Oshyan

Confirmed. I am seeing repopulate/reinsert behavior when switching into RTP after a populate, or even just changing the AA sampler (e.g. from Legacy to Robust) when *in* RTP. It may be RTP-correlated in fact... Were you guys in RTP when you saw this?

- Oshyan

Dune

No, though I may have switched it on and off before doing another render.

Oshyan

Are either of you still seeing this on the latest Frontier builds, either 4.4.40 or .42?

- Oshyan

Dune

Haven't been populating the last few days, but I'll have a go.

Dune

Working fine now! Thanks a lot.

Oshyan

Glad to hear! Same on my side. So it mysteriously went away then. :D

- Oshyan

Dune

Well, mysteries are there anyway. Remember I was always complaining about a hyphen pasted as soon as I opened TG and typed something? That mysteriously disappeared (luckily), but yesterday I was doing some animation work in the animation panel, and as soon as I typed something the hyphen was there again.
I also had a little issue with the animation panel disappearing itself. It was on the taskbar, but when clicking it to the front, it never appeared. Looked like it was offscreen somewhere. So I had to delete it and reopen. Nothing major, but still a mystery.