Rail Road ReRendered in PT

Started by Dune, November 05, 2019, 10:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Old file with a still primitive road system (from 2011) revisited. Added some extra veggies, straightened out the railway, added some cracks in the road, and rendered in PT. Enjoy!

Hannes

Absolutely fantastic!! But the road marks are somehow too perfect and clean to my taste. Maybe you could break them up a little?

DocCharly65

I like it :)

and the funny thing is:
If you start on the right side with a car, you'll go around the trees in the middle in a loop and come back as a train on the left side!
That's magic!

Hannes

WAS

That looks amazing. If one cropped into the forest and train alone, at current res, one might think it's just a photograph. Lighting on the engine and environment looks pretty photorealistic.

KyL

Awesome. Those fluffy bushes look terrific!

Dune

Updated with some large rocks, erosion on the road verges, a ruin, more cracks and wear in the tarmac and lines, a truck, and some painted smoke from the diesel train. Off to something else again...

DocCharly65

A beautiful update. Would be nice to be there, watching the traffic. :)

Dune

Thanks, Nils. I'd love to be that train driver, gently seeing the landscape pass by (though not necessarily that road and truck). There's something romantic and mysterious about railways that entices.

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on November 07, 2019, 02:34:30 AMThere's something romantic and mysterious about railways that entices.
Dito :)

mhaze

Terrific! Are those bushes yours?

Dune

No, credits go to Lighting for his pinus nigra bush pack!

Hannes

Wow, fantastic! Now it's perfect.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 07, 2019, 02:34:30 AMThanks, Nils. I'd love to be that train driver, gently seeing the landscape pass by (though not necessarily that road and truck). There's something romantic and mysterious about railways that entices.
Agree but will add if I may, in Canada there's a solid line at all curves indicating passing is forbidden
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on November 07, 2019, 05:53:52 PM
Quote from: Dune on November 07, 2019, 02:34:30 AMThanks, Nils. I'd love to be that train driver, gently seeing the landscape pass by (though not necessarily that road and truck). There's something romantic and mysterious about railways that entices.
Agree but will add if I may, in Canada there's a solid line at all curves indicating passing is forbidden
Isn't double line mean passing is forbidden? Single means pass when safe and dashed usually means it's a lane in single flow where you can merge lanes at will.