Another scan head

Started by Hannes, November 08, 2019, 08:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Here is another scanned head. It's a free one by Ten 24.
I created some masks to create merged different shaders for the body part (the head and its details are different meshes). So I used a regular default shader for the T-shirt, a metallic shader for the zipper, and a subsurface scattering shader for the leather.

Like in my Emily thread I had some problems with converting a normal map into a height map. Some parts seem inverted, some not. I edited the map in PS to make the areas especially on the forehead and around the eyes look right. Also the bump on the ears had to be softened.

It's fascinating to see, what TG can do now, compared to the very beginning. If TG could read normal maps, such renders could easily compete with renders made with all those sophisticated renderers in other apps.

The ears look a bit strange, but since this is a scanned head, it's more a genetic problem... ;)

pokoy

That looks great! I agree with you on the ears, though :D

So TG can't use normals maps? That looks like something that should be added, especially since almost all scanned assets include normal maps.

Great test!!

Hannes

Quote from: pokoy on November 08, 2019, 10:00:02 AMSo TG can't use normals maps? That looks like something that should be added, especially since almost all scanned assets include normal maps.
Yes, that would be the icing on the cake!

Dune

Another great test! Leather is really greasy, cool! And skin is awesome.

DocCharly65