luc BIANCO

hi

I took my iceberg scene and enabled SSS and path tracer for testing 

here render

luc
Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr

Dune

That looks very good, Luc. Some smallish areas don't come out perfectly (like the tip of the smallish pointy berg further away and at far left, and there's a black spot centrally), but I think it's hard to get rid of these dark artifacts, and in another seed somewhere they might disappear.
But top work. I hope you sell these well.

RogueNZ

I had hoped you would redo this scene with SSS!

Can I ask, is the iceberg a displaced height-field? Or an object/rock?

luc BIANCO

Quote from: RogueNZ on November 28, 2019, 03:43:12 amI had hoped you would redo this scene with SSS!

Can I ask, is the iceberg a displaced height-field? Or an object/rock?
Hi

I did this terrain with World machine.. in 2004 .. when I was using Terragen 0.9 .. look at this picture : https://www.lucbianco.fr/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Ter233.jpg

I have simply imported it and added displacements with Terragen 4

luc
www.lucbianco.fr

Tangled-Universe

Looks great Luc, love seeing your work for many years already! In this one I actually particularly like the way your distant icebergs blend into the glowing atmosphere.
I suppose this one took pretty long to render?

Martin

luc BIANCO

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on November 29, 2019, 04:44:35 pmLooks great Luc, love seeing your work for many years already! In this one I actually particularly like the way your distant icebergs blend into the glowing atmosphere.
I suppose this one took pretty long to render?

Martin
Thanks Martin,

in fact with my config (i7 2600 + 16GB, Windows 64bits) this picture, at this size, can be rendered between around 15 hours to more than 40 hours if you don't take enough attention to set right settings, specially on level details, max paths per sample, AA, soft shadows and clouds voxels number. So it is a bit tricky to find best settings here and give you a clear conclusion about rendering time.

luc
www.lucbianco.fr

Tangled-Universe

Thanks Luc,

I have the exact same system specs!
To my interest and curiosity, but perhaps also to other people, what settings did you use here then?

DocCharly65

Great look and nice POV! I like the glow of the ice very much!