The Valkyries Moon - new challenges

Started by DocCharly65, November 28, 2019, 05:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

After all my adventures with MIXAMO rigging and animating my characters I found out how I could "repair" my Valkyrie...

The backgound:
In the beginning I made her a "Silver Terminatress" because I didn't find any suitable possibility to get the textures of the original fbx files working via Blender fbx import and obj export in Terragen as animation... no chance and many hours with useless trash as results.

The new way: Ignore the original fbx animation and use the rig to create a MIXAMO compatible T-Pose model.
The animated fbx files I get from there I can (not easily but it works) retexture and import them into Terragen (via Blender fbx import and obj export).

The silver look of the Valkyrie will stay - but I proudly present: One of the fastest cloth/look -changing women:

DocCharly65

Actually, the complete scene was already finished but the new possibilities of MIXAMO let me have one new Idea after the other... Did you know that the terminator models T800 and T1000 had in fact a sense of humor?... See on your own:

This is so far only a fast Blender Render Test without any textures.
One of the steps I need,  increasing my experiences with animating characters interacting together including body contacts.

Dune

DocCharly65

;)  thanks Ulco :)

But I must warn you: Better you don't fall in love with her - unfortunately she won't survive the film...  :'( 

temp.0049.jpg

The whole moon will be torched ... unfortunately!

Dune

Too bad :'(  But the scorched moon makes up for it ;D

j meyer

Valkyrie and the moon are great. 8)

Robert and Arnold seem to have some mesh (normals?) problems.
Should be easy to fix, though.

DocCharly65

Thanks 😊

I didn't care about normals of the two terminator models so far. I just tested if i can import both characters into blender at the same time with suitable animation offsets for synchronous play. Hope you 're right that it'll be easy to fix if there 're normals to repair. Depends into how many single objects i must (and can) devide the models in blender... And if i have good luck then i can just flip/recalculate the normals of complete objects. An ugly and time intensive job is correcting single faces in objects when "automatically recalculate normals out- or inside" doesn't work. That seems to depend on the model quality.

Let's see... 😊

DocCharly65

Just a break for me and an update for you :)
To let the YouTube channel visitors know, that there'll be probably a break of some months until the next videos are uploaded, I published this as a kind of "Teaser" what is in my render pipeline...

There's a bit more description on the channel.
Of course I'll go on showing some little not listed vids here with the usual "secret links" to YouTube if they are interesting for you. But mostly they won't be interesting for YT visitors.

Funny (but also annoying and frightening): I first uploaded the video but didn't publish it - but after the upload within 1-2 minutes I already got a copyright warning because of the music! And NOT because it's the well known movie theme! I have the written permission of the author of this special midi interpretation (Hugo) and mentioned it in the description but YouTube ignores that and informed me, that I won't get any money for advertisings... fortunately it is and will always be my non profit project.
But it's just crazy how fast they identify even copied content from other youtubers and warn you that THEY still will make money with your creation BUT YOU WON'T ... pretty cheeky ... actually...

Nevertheless...

So here the update to the Valkyrie's Moon and the fresh added animation idea (only Blender renders)
All in a not final cut but close to the final context. About 30-60% still missing  ::) ??? ;)

Dune

All the petrified ducklings! Ha, great. Fantastic scene again, Nils!

WAS

Your creative touches and ideas seem limitless.

DocCharly65

Ariel DK

There you have! your 1st like on Youtube  ;D 
I almost missed this. great work!
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

Matt

Quote from: DocCharly65 on December 03, 2019, 09:01:49 AMFunny (but also annoying and frightening): I first uploaded the video but didn't publish it - but after the upload within 1-2 minutes I already got a copyright warning because of the music! And NOT because it's the well known movie theme! I have the written permission of the author of this special midi interpretation (Hugo) and mentioned it in the description but YouTube ignores that and informed me, that I won't get any money for advertisings... fortunately it is and will always be my non profit project.
But it's just crazy how fast they identify even copied content from other youtubers and warn you that THEY still will make money with your creation BUT YOU WON'T ... pretty cheeky ... actually...

It would have been flagged automatically by their AIs. I'm pretty sure you can dispute this and that they have online systems to allow you to initiate the dispute fairly easily. Having permission/license from the copyright holder should be one of the available options when you initiate the dispute. It happened to me with a track that I'd bought a license for, and it worked out fine.

Even if you don't want ad money, it's still worth going through the dispute process if you don't want to have ads on your videos.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

DocCharly65

Quote from: Matt on December 03, 2019, 04:14:55 PMEven if you don't want ad money, it's still worth going through the dispute process if you don't want to have ads on your videos.
That is in fact a very good argument and the same point of view like mine. I already saw a button for things like that somewhere.
Thanks for your suggestions. I will care a bit about the channel and about YT step by step. The look of the platform has changed again and I must play around a bit.

Hannes

Nils, this is AWESOME!! Again!! :)