strange names, lots of errors when opening changed file

Started by Dune, December 14, 2019, 03:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I'm working with Dorian on some file, and after changing some parameters, adding some SSS's, new add functions, etc, and 2 trees, sending the altered tgd back, he just can't open without a huge amount of errors. Could this happen between different versions of TG it's been saved in? I work on the latest alpha build 4.4.46, I guess Dorian is working on the latest public build (4.4.44).

Oshyan

I'm not sure off-hand, but I see that all of the erroring files seem to have two things in common: very long file names (possibly exceeding some total path length?), and spaces in file names. I'd try replacing spaces with underscores, at least in a test case, and see what happens.

- Oshyan

cyphyr

I have had long file names automatically created like this for a long time.
Mostly I don't worry about it.
Seems to happen when projects are gathered.
I find it more annoying that I am needlessly loading up multiple duplicates of the same file because Terragen has decided to re-name them on gathering.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Oshyan

Huh, if these are TG-created names then it would seem odd that spaces would be an issue. So maybe I'm on the wrong track. But I've honestly never seen this renaming behavior. 😯

- Oshyan

Dune

I've seen it before too, but can't remember when and how. BUT, the culprit has been found. The tgd was put inside the project folder, and it was of course supposed to be beside it. Little misunderstanding :P

Oshyan

Dune

Yes, it was too big and complicated a file to get lost forever.