Human PT shaders and eyes

Started by Hannes, December 14, 2019, 08:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

After numerous tests with subsurface scattering on human models I'd like to share some stuff.
There are PT shader setups for different body parts included and an eye object with PT shaders and textures to replace the mostly bad eyes of available 3d models.

Instructions for use are in the RAR file.

I'll see, if I can upload the stuff. I already have splitted the RAR file into two parts, since the current total attachment size allowed per post is 5000KB. I get a warning although the first part only has 4096 KB

Hannes

OK, seems to be working. Here is part 2:

WAS

That's a very generous share, Hannes, especially those superb eye objects for TG. Thanks a lot, I really wanted to figure out how to did those eyes. I wrote down your explanation in fact.

Dune

Great, thanks very much, Hannes! I only hope I can open these rar's as I've had trouble before with yours (nothing inside).

Hannes

There's definitively something inside! ;D
I use Winrar, and it works perfectly.

Hannes

By the way, the subsurface scattering settings are for real scale models. If you use models that are larger or smaller you'll have to adjust the decay distance according to the scale of the model.

mhaze

sboerner

Thank you, Hannes! Looking forward to trying these.

WAS

Quote from: Hannes on December 14, 2019, 11:43:43 AMBy the way, the subsurface scattering settings are for real scale models. If you use models that are larger or smaller you'll have to adjust the decay distance according to the scale of the model.

It'd be cool if these settings could tie into the transform input shader and multiply by whatever factors you use in scale.

Dune

>:(  Rar trouble again. Maybe it's Mac to Win 7 that causes this for me? But, luckily I converted the rar's online to zip first ;D  Thanks Hannes!

Hannes

Weird. Maybe it's right, and it's the Mac to Win thing?!

Dune

Yeah, but I'm glad it can be converted online.

KlausK

Thanks a lot Hannes! Very generous of you.

@ Ulco
No problems here. Win7 also. Converting should not be necessary.
Which version of WinRar do you have? I am using version 5.20 from 2014.
I can`t imagine you`re doing anything wrong trying to open the archives...
The file size which is shown in the window is correct. So there must be something going on on your side.
Btw you can use 7zip to open rar archives as well. It`s free and quite capable.

Do you have any antivirus software running which might delete a "dangerous" download?
Does your browser do something like this?
I am out of ideas :}

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

Ah, just noticed I use version 3.8 beta 5, but a very old evaluation version. I actually wonder why it does work sometimes, as I can open most rar's. Thanks Klaus. Off to get 7zip!

WAS

Quote from: Dune on December 15, 2019, 03:05:02 AM>:(  Rar trouble again. Maybe it's Mac to Win 7 that causes this for me? But, luckily I converted the rar's online to zip first ;D  Thanks Hannes!
New WinRar saves in RAR5 unless specified. Your WinRar may be outdated. Like I've mentioned before 7zip opens rars and a plethora of other archives. It's also lighter than WinZip and WinRAR together.