Underwater City/Etymon

Started by Ariel DK, December 16, 2019, 10:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on December 20, 2019, 12:40:39 PM
Quote from: cyphyr on December 17, 2019, 08:52:17 PM(path tracing and ray detail region set to 360deg).
where does one find/set these settings man?
Render node, advance tab.

Ariel DK

Well, i was busy this days to wait your feedback, so i worked myself, and i gonna be honest with you guys, i had not read anything from Oshyan's comment onwards ;D
BTW i'm very glad to see we have similar focuses.

@cyphyr  I added a 2nd sun with "strength" slightly above 0.01, it work in some way, but i can try a card too.

@WAS  There is no blur added yet, but i think is a great idea, i gonna try out (or "try it"?) for sure. and thx for the school sea bass, very useful :)

@cocateho26  And yes, is very Waterworld inspired by. is incredible but after some quicks search on the web, i couldn't find many images of "underwater cities" out there.
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

gasbutan

The last one is amazing !

bobbystahr

Thanks WAS/Jordan...I should look around more.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Path Tracing you've used, so I assume you mean the 360 degree detail. That's for the Ray Detail Region on the Advanced tab of the Render node. But 1: I am not even sure you'd actually need it for path tracing light emitted from an object even if it's behind the camera (if you did, it'd be gi prepass padding probably, not ray detail region) and 2: 360 degree is best avoided since it will increase render time a fair amount. 

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on December 20, 2019, 05:31:52 PM2: 360 degree is best avoided since it will increase render time a fair amount.

- Oshyan

Depending on what you got going on off-camera, it can be really bad. Lol That's why I highlighted the Optimal setting Lol.

Oshyan

Untitled9_PW.jpg is exactly what I had in my mind too, nice!

- Oshyan

Ariel DK

Thanks guys!
I would like to add some blur in the far buildings using a z-depth pass. this is possible with the render elements, but i never tried this for myself, the z-depth pass would be visible on a normal image viewer or is just by channel?

Oshyan

The depth pass is not yet visible in the render viewer. You have to save it to disk.

- Oshyan

Ariel DK

Oh i see, is not even visible in the windows viewer, so, i guess the data is only in the Z channel. thx!

Dune

No, you have to set the render element, then render all to disk and then you can find it as a greyscale Z-pass in a new folder or if you didn't check that, beside the saved render. Which pass you can copy to the alpha channel (in Photoshop) and set blur from there.