Spherical Camera Breaks 3D Preview

Started by WAS, January 08, 2020, 01:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Not only does rotation not effect the spherical camera (it should), but the preview doesn't correspond to the spherical camera, and the 3d preview also doesn't render past like 10%. I've reset it multiple times and restarted terragen. Works fine otherwise outside spherical.

Matt

RTP works with all camera projections, including spherical. Non-RTP does not, it only works with perspective and orthographic cameras at the moment. Unfortunately this limitation also applies to terrain polygons which need to be generated in non-RTP before being shown in RTP.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Quote from: Matt on January 09, 2020, 03:15:11 PMRTP works with all camera projections, including spherical. Non-RTP does not, it only works with perspective and orthographic cameras at the moment. Unfortunately this limitation also applies to terrain polygons which need to be generated in non-RTP before being shown in RTP.

That's what I was thinking it was. Wasn't sure as I don't remember it mentioned. Not really to big a concern as you can just do a 180 flip out of spherical or just crop the spherical and do quick checks.

WAS

@Matt To simply not start another topic, I was curious about TG native primitives and SSS. It doesn't seem to be working in RTP PT.