How do I proceed with the two unfinished scenarios?

Started by gao_jian11, January 25, 2020, 07:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gao_jian11

世界创造者完成的艰巨地形还远远没有结束。听听大家的意见。

luvsmuzik

Beautiful, but I fear your deer may starve! Both images are fantastic, however.  :)

sboerner

These are both brilliant scenes. Since you are asking for opinions, though, here are some suggestions.

1) Perhaps add some dry grass or isolated, stunted trees in the deer scene? There should be some vegetation along the edge of the stream.

2) The water surface is perhaps too smooth, and the water itself is too blue? The edge of the water – where it meets the shore – also seems too smooth. If you used a mask, you might try increasing its size so the water surface slightly intersects the terrain.

3) Also, perhaps introduce some texture into the exposed rock walls – strata, or some subtle fractal shading – just to make them look more natural.

3) The haziness and light angle of the second image are beautiful, but the clear blue sky seems out of place. Perhaps a layer or two of light clouds might be added to complement the haze? Maybe not, though – this might just be a matter of personal taste.

These are very minor points. Your work is excellent.

Dune

The water seems like only a blue riverbed, so if you're using Daniil's erosion shader to get this terrain, use rivermode and there's a check to render river. If you can't make a river (if it's from an imported terrain or so), I'd suggest making it a dry riverbed, using the river mask, which you obviously have, to make some gravel/stony riverbed.

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

gao_jian11

Yes, Fawn is already hungry. I agree with the surface and I will continue to make changes. On the mountain, I added clouds and flowing water. thank you all.
I am still studying the surface function of the river, using Daniel's erosion shader, now it is just a river bed.

sboerner

Quote from: undefinedOn the mountain, I added clouds and flowing water. thank you all.
This is a striking, beautiful composition. The waterfalls are a nice touch.

DocCharly65

Very beautiful!
What I especially like is that the composition makes me curious to follow the canyon to look what's behind :)

SILENCER

0126194020.jpg is a winner.

All I would do is pump that sunlight up a little. The sun would smack the beejeezus out of that hillside.

gao_jian11

I temporarily put aside the winter scene. I adjusted the lighting in this valley according to your suggestions to make the picture more dramatic. I also plan to add some buildings somewhere.
One place I went to this scenic area last summer was Taihang Mountain in Shanxi, China. At that time I wanted to reproduce it in tg.

sboerner

QuoteOne place I went to this scenic area last summer was Taihang Mountain in Shanxi, China. At that time I wanted to reproduce it in tg.
I wondered if this was inspired by a real location. Very cool.

Dune

Oshyan

Indeed, great update! I like this new version quite a lot.

- Oshyan