The Crossing (or Nuweiba revisited at the right time)

Started by Dune, February 21, 2020, 02:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Some more work for the next Exodus movie, I played a bit with time for the fun of it. A first test setup with simple shapes.

DocCharly65

Looks promising so far. I'm curious where this goes.

Hannes

So, they flew Moses in by plane? Have to read a bible again. I may have missed something... ;D ;D ;D
Cool stuff, Ulco. Waiting to see more.

sboerner

Cecil B. DeMille would be proud!

(Hannes, that's Yul Brynner in the plane, checking out the location.)

dorianvan

Water depth in the middle, not counting the swell above sea level, is 800m. Pretty deep, but across 10 miles, it doesn't look too deep. The trick will be to make you feel the scale of it down in the corridor with an animation flying over the mountains and down in. Hopefully it will turn out good on a big theater screen.
-Dorian

Dune

Something I tried yesterday, a snake of thousands of people walking at night. There should also be carts and stuff, but just trying out something faked without objects.

sboerner

An animation of something like this could look pretty cool.

bobbystahr

Agree w Steve
The full valley is the most convincing.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on February 21, 2020, 03:21:25 AMSo, they flew Moses in by plane? Have to read a bible again. I may have missed something... ;D ;D ;D
ha ha ha ha....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Quote from: Hannes on February 21, 2020, 03:21:25 AMSo, they flew Moses in by plane? Have to read a bible again. I may have missed something... ;D ;D ;D

Hahahah! ;D ;D ;D