Haze Mountain Idea

Started by WAS, February 28, 2020, 12:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SILENCER

Quote from: WAS on February 29, 2020, 11:31:52 AM47 sounds more about what I had. But I honestly thought you had a better PC than me. I got the 2600 (not 2600+) and so got 37 minutes with SR MPD 0.6 AA7. This was the eroded file though which may render faster in SR due to it being technically a heightmap and more basic geometry than if it was without erosion. But the non erosion file takes about 40 something minutes. I tried throwing this up on my server for a larger render and it's having issues. Doing prepass forever. Should have cached to file. Non erosion file so shouldn't be that.

Also note my PC is currently at 10 threads of 12.
My home machine is ancient, from the pleistocene. Dual E5640s

My machine at work is a monster. I'm sure the numbers would improve there.

gao_jian11

设置正确,测试成功,并且还提供了白色面罩的高度限制。很想测试动画。

WAS

Quote from: gao_jian11 on February 29, 2020, 08:29:05 PM设置正确,测试成功,并且还提供了白色面罩的高度限制。很想测试动画。
Me too. I tried a animation with my other cloud file rolling over the mountains but it was just taking too long and I wanted to do other stuff.

ackdoh

Quote from: WAS on February 28, 2020, 12:45:14 PMThought I'd share this idea. You can use a surface layer to mask a terrain black, and another set to white, and used as slope restrictions. Then, with the cloud base altitude being 0, using a disp to scalar allows us to push the clouds up right along the surface.

This is really cool, thanks for sharing!
Senior Cinematic Artist
DMP/Lighting/Compositing
http://davidluong.net

WAS

Quote from: ackdoh on March 04, 2020, 01:57:41 PM
Quote from: WAS on February 28, 2020, 12:45:14 PMThought I'd share this idea. You can use a surface layer to mask a terrain black, and another set to white, and used as slope restrictions. Then, with the cloud base altitude being 0, using a disp to scalar allows us to push the clouds up right along the surface.

This is really cool, thanks for sharing!
Turns out you don't need the surface layers mask. Though what you could do is use a complement scalar on the disp to scalar and adjust it with a colour adjust for a mask that follows the terrain and cuts out the peaks.