Book cover

Started by Dune, April 02, 2020, 02:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Another TG render on a bookcover. They used a 350 dpi image, so the cover is extremely sharp and detailed. Took about 25 hours to render in PT, and then clothes needed a change :P

René

Wow, that looks amazing! Congratulations! Did you plan in advance that the title would be at that particular spot?

Dune

Thanks, René. No, I also didn't know that they would cut the tower, etc. But I'm glad they left most of the render untouched by graphics.

DocCharly65

Congrats! Looks fabulous!
Must be a nice feeling when a job is done and the render is used in such a representative way. :)

Hannes

Cool!! Congrats! It's a great feeling to hold something real in your hand with your artwork on it, right?

Dune

Right! And 4-5 more inside. It was a render I did for myself, btw., not commissioned. They only needed it it much bigger and (after it was finished) with different clothing.

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on April 02, 2020, 06:21:35 AM...and (after it was finished) with different clothing.
...as usual... ::)

sboerner

Looks really great! I agree that there's something special about print. It just turns it into something tangible and permanent.

Nice design, too. It's interesting that they didn't coordinate with you about the layout beforehand. But it worked well and they used the space wisely. The Dutch have a long and distinguished history when it comes to graphic design. Many of my favorite typefaces were designed in the Netherlands.

Dune

Well, most publishers don't. Sometimes I'm a bit pissed off when they add an old vase across my beautiful render :P , but I really like this as well. This publisher does a great job anyway, they make lots of archeaological books from a non-profit kind of basis.

j meyer

Another nice 'real world' item with your art on it, cool. :)

Publishers editing could have been worse, I have seen examples where
they added things to paintings in a very dilettante way, really bad stuff.

sboerner

QuoteSometimes I'm a bit pissed off when they add an old vase across my beautiful render :P

Well, maybe not all practitioners are distinguished . . . .

When I was doing graphic design work I had many struggles with clients who asked for (or demanded) bad design. You can try reason (or education) only so much. Some of those clients you can fire. Others you just grit your teeth and carry on.

Dune

mhaze

zaxxon

Outstanding work Ulco! Congratulations.