Stay at home and... have a house!

Started by N-drju, April 08, 2020, 03:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Dear all,

I have just completed my very first Blender house. Please note, however, that it is only a facade and doesn't even have front door. ;D This is all I need for my current render. Just to inform you that this object is intentionally incomplete to the point of having no floor inside... Therefore, it is recommended to set glass reflectivity to 1 or make windows opaque.

Building this house has been a tremendous pleasure and fun for me and this is why I am offering this piece for free. Up until now, I thought making 3d objects was something far beyond my reach and comprehension. It's so good to prove yourself wrong!

Enjoy. You are kindly requested to let me know how you like it. C&C&S welcome. :)

dom1-AA.png    dom1-B.png

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yYBJslKJFWfMUMux7aC0gAruz_KRP6K1
Textures not included
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

That's a cool house. I'm sure it'll find a place in a few renders at least. And good that you like modelling so much. I remember well that I didn't dare get into it, years ago, and struggled along, making houses even in XFrog.

One small thing; maybe the railing should be a little lower?
And some dirt over it of course.

Hannes

sboerner

Nice attention to detail in the brickwork, window frames and sills. Agree with Dune about the height of the railing. I too started with buildings to learn modeling. You're off to a great start – hope you decide to continue!

bobbystahr

thanks man, one can never have too many houses
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

N-drju

Thanks guys for the nice words! I'm really glad you like it.

Yes, the railing height is the first thing I too have noticed after looking at the test render. I couldn't really make up my mind how tall should it be. :D
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

Add a standard person or even landmark, or whatever in TG, or in blender. I think railings are about 110-120cm high?

N-drju

Quote from: Dune on April 09, 2020, 04:11:51 AMI think railings are about 110-120cm high?

And you may be right. I just measured mine and its 105 cm. ;)

WAS

Would that specific detail matter when the railings are over half the height of a floor level? xD May be other measurements to focus on first. By proportion of the levels, the railings are too tall.

Thanks for the share though, great house for a distance shot.