Pre-release of GeoControl2

Started by Sethren, November 19, 2007, 03:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sethren

For owners of version 1 Cajomi has released the Pre-release of GeoControl 2.

http://www.cajomi.de/Forum/showthread.php?t=528

Quote:
To use the pre-release you must have a licence for GeoControl1, else you will not be able to run it.
The pre-release is limited for 6 weeks.

It will take about 3 weeks until the shop is opened to pre-order GeoControl2. All those, who will pre-order it then, will take part at every new build and so have all time a running GeoControl2 version.

Have fun
Johannes Rosenberg

More about GeoControl 2:

http://www.cajomi.de/GeoControl/geocontrol2_features.htm

dhavalmistry

I dont have a license for got GC1 and if I buy GC1 right now I will get access to GC2???
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

Johannes,

What will the price be for GC2?  In your opinion, how useful will this be to users of TG2?

$$ are limited.   :)
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

cajomi

If you buy GC1 you get access to the pre-release of GC2, which is time limited to 6 weeks, from first day of pre-release.

The update to GC2 will cost 45 if you buy GC1 before end of 24. November 2007. After that the update will cost 70€
For more see here:  http://www.cajomi.de/Forum/showthread.php?t=403

At time I think TG2 is not easy to use and that is the same for imported terrains. But I would always prefer a GC2 terrain. What of course is no wonder. I had developed GC2 with TG2 in mind, for multiple terrains, more freedom with water and streets.
I really think, GC2 is an enhacement for TG2, and if you want realistic erosions, hand manipulation to your terrains, special selections, rivers or roads, you will have your advantage of GC2 using it for TG2.

Johannes Rosenberg
-cajomi-
Developer of GeoControl

rcallicotte

Thanks, cajomi.  I'm looking into this.

Will

out of curiosity how do you import terrains in TGD?
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Sethren

Once you save the terrain in your third party application as a .TER open Terragen 2 and go into the Terrain Tab. Go into the Add Terrain tab and select Heightfield (load file), there an Open window will come up and then you can look for your .TER file to open inside Terragen 2. Once you import the Heightfield then you can do anything you want to it with location, color shading, fractal detail addition and so on.

Will

Oh cool, I can use my old library then, this should provide some interesting results.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Sethren

Yes, exactly. All of your .TER files are good to go.

Oshyan

The river functions are really impressive. I think the product page is right - CG2 really is on another level from CG1 and I'm a lot more interested in it as a result. I'll definitely have to take a look at a demo when available.

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

@cajomi - I sent an email to you a few days ago asking about the exchange rate.  The price for Americans is one thing on your site at the first page and changes to a higher price on checkout.  I don't know if I can afford $200 to get GC1 and get GC2 as well.  Would you please let us know about the difference we see there in your Store?

Another thing - Is there any chance you will give TG2 users a chance at a greater discount?

cajomi

You are right, the price in dollar does not reflect the actual exchange. I have contacted shareit at once, but I will get an answer not before monday. I am planning to change the shop, but that takes some time and a lot of money.

A discount for TG2 users is not possible. I have no chance to control, whether someone has a TG2 licence or not. And everyone could tell me, that he is a TG2 user.
And another thing: Why should I support TG2 with a discount for GC2, when TG2 is not supporting us terrain generator creators?
I am still waiting for an improved import of terrains, better and easyer masking. You know about the bad communication between Planetside and GeoControl?
Let me say it this way: GC2 is near to TG2, but TG2 is not near to GC2.
Developer of GeoControl

rcallicotte

Thanks, cajomi.

Since it is too late to find out if I should buy now or wait until Monday to get the special deal by the 24th of November (today), and you are fixing this problem with the rates, I'll just wait to see on Monday what I can work out with you then.  59 Euros is definitely around 85 USD.  I want the special deal to get the discount for GC2 and can't wait to use the full version of GC1 next week.  I'll definitely buy it, cajomi, but I hope you understand why I plan to wait until next week when everything is straightened out.  Sorry to hear you are having troubles with that service.

On the other question, I was just trying to get more discounts.  Can't blame me, eh?  Anyway, thanks for responding and I believe your product warrants attention.

As far as using GeoControl, I believe it works fine in creating TER files and I will utilize it in this realm until I hear of something better with it.  I was very impressed when using the GC1 demo and importing into TG2 worked like a dream.

Quote from: cajomi on November 24, 2007, 02:21:00 AM
You are right, the price in dollar does not reflect the actual exchange. I have contacted shareit at once, but I will get an answer not before monday. I am planning to change the shop, but that takes some time and a lot of money.

A discount for TG2 users is not possible. I have no chance to control, whether someone has a TG2 licence or not. And everyone could tell me, that he is a TG2 user.
And another thing: Why should I support TG2 with a discount for GC2, when TG2 is not supporting us terrain generator creators?
I am still waiting for an improved import of terrains, better and easyer masking. You know about the bad communication between Planetside and GeoControl?
Let me say it this way: GC2 is near to TG2, but TG2 is not near to GC2.

cajomi

Due to this problem, I will exceed the discount offer for some days:, up to the 28.11.2007
Developer of GeoControl

Cyber-Angel

Hi Cajomi,

To help you with your English usage, the appropriate word to use in future is "Extend" not to be critical or any thing just trying to help.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel