Strange XFrog purchase

Started by N-drju, May 04, 2020, 07:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Guys, I need your opinion. ???

I have just purchased a batch of XFrog plants and received a message on my mail that I have been charged due amount for the purchase.

The problem is, however, that after I clicked the final "continue" button on their page, a message like this appeared:

purchase_failed.png

What the hell does it mean?

I seriously start to fear that I have been duped... Can anyone explain what is happening or if you have encountered a problem like that? ???
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

cyphyr

I doubt you have been duped. XFrog's site is a little long in the tooth (old) and I expect this is just a database glitch of some sort.
If you find that you can't download the plants send a message to XFrog support and they will sort you out.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

N-drju

Phew. You calmed me down a bit.

Just like you say I can't download anything for now. Strangely, XFrog page says that my order is "being processed"... Apparently, very inconspicuously. ;)

I wrote Xfrog an e-mail. I remember that they used to send links to purchased products so i should be able to salvage my order with that. I'm somewhat surprised though.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

WAS

Xfrog database is crashed (by the error). The table the shopping cart is trying to access is not accessible and dead.

Lots of reasons why the tables could be corrupted or crashed. Hopefully it's fixed soon.

Hopefully your purchase is still in the DB somewhere to be processed if you have that message.

N-drju

Quote from: WAS on May 04, 2020, 02:32:55 PMHopefully your purchase is still in the DB somewhere to be processed if you have that message.

I think that, in fact, it is. Even after powering down and accessing XFrog page the shopping cart still features my order. ??? It's really strange!

It's almost noon in LA and I still have no word from them...
::)

luvsmuzik

Your shopping cart is cached in your browser. I would save a screen shot of that as well. Then refresh shopping cart page and I bet it is empty or gives the error message again. I think due to the status of the world working from home in the USA, a lot of servers are feeling some strain. It could be that they are also on a skeleton staff and limited to support they can provide, as email could be slow, as well as other factors. I know with all the free gives in the past, they want your paid order. As stated, they have way too much reputation to dupe poor old you or me.  ;D

WAS

I put in a heads up for you. Should have a email from their support shortly if not there.

N-drju

Quote from: WAS on May 04, 2020, 05:04:52 PMI put in a heads up for you. Should have a email from their support shortly if not there.

You're a sport, thanks for that! I need to give a word to XFrog too. Poor chumps have send me a ton of mails in the end. :D

WAS

No problem. To note, the issue has been resolved on xfrog. Everything is up and running properly.