NWDA's 2020 Theme Challenge - "Travelers"

Started by DannyG, May 12, 2020, 03:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyG

Quote from: N-drju on June 13, 2020, 07:23:14 AMOkay, there is something I really don't understand...

The requirement is to submit a pre-postwork image. A raw render output. Yet, the submission page clearly shows two dialogue boxes - one for a pre-postwork image. The other for a postwork image.

How shall I interpret the submission page then when confronted to the contest rules?

The reason I ask is that I don't really see much of a "postwork potential" for my image judging from the test renders. The only postwork that I plan for is my signature.

Which brings me to the next question which, I'm afraid, has not been properly answered yet; is it okay to put a signature onto a finished (raw output) image?

Any help is much appreciated. ;)
As with all NWDA challenges in the past, Contestants must submit an image "Pre-post work" and an image to be judged that would include postwork (if any) If you are not using any post-work you are still required to submit 2 images per the submission forum that is extremely straight forward. As far as signatures as with all previous challenges they are allowed.

Good luck
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

N-drju

Ok, thanks. This is my first entry ever, hence the confusion.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

I take it that the raw render should be a directly converted .jpg instead of a 44MB 32-bit .exr?

amandas

Thank you guys for feedback, good luck to all participants!
Artist / Developer
open for freelance / full project cycle
http://arturmandas.com

N-drju

Quote from: Dune on June 15, 2020, 08:03:07 AMI take it that the raw render should be a directly converted .jpg instead of a 44MB 32-bit .exr?

There is a limit of 8mb in size as one of the requirements, so I guess it's down to .tiff.

I just wonder... is it possible to somehow predict the size of the final output? The TG output I mean. Not the graphics editor resave.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

masonspappy

Quote from: Dune on June 15, 2020, 08:03:07 AMI take it that the raw render should be a directly converted .jpg instead of a 44MB 32-bit .exr?
I'm wondering the same thing

masonspappy

Maybe this was answered somewhere else and I didn't see it.

Contest rules state that final image size is 8GB maximum.  Or are we allowed to convert the raw rendered image to PNG format and then submit the PNG image as out entry?

amandas

Since it is targeted at the web, I take it the output format should be as small as possible, probably .jpg being the best option.
Artist / Developer
open for freelance / full project cycle
http://arturmandas.com

Hannes

Do we get a confirmation e-mail, after we sent our entry? It said something like "it has been sent", but just to be sure...

...like you check, if the door is really locked, after you have already checked it five times... ;)

DannyG

I sent out a couple of them today Hannes. You were one of them
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Hannes

WAS

Dune

Cool! Some really nice stuff so far. Though I don't see any travelers in entry 2... or do I miss something?

N-drju

Is .tiff file the same as .tif file?

The reason I ask is that I have no other option but to render my final work in four crops. When saving composited crops without changing the file format, I get that extra "F" which makes me worried...

It all comes down to one question which is - what do we understand by "raw render output image"? A native TG extension? Or an unaltered image in whatever format?

Sorry for my first-timer ignorance. :( I just don't want my work rejected because of such a detail...