Earth 2020

Started by Stormlord, May 24, 2020, 06:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormlord

Inspired by the recent Post "Earth Project", I reworked my older Earth File in TG
So here we are...

Earth 2020.jpg
Earth 2020

STORMLORD

Earth 2020.jpg
Earth 2020 (High Resolution)

WAS

Very nice! The colours a little strong for my taste but I love the detail here.

PS Any relation to our Kevin Kipper?

DocCharly65

Stormlord

Quote from: WAS on May 24, 2020, 07:43:09 PMVery nice! The colours a little strong for my taste but I love the detail here.

PS Any relation to our Kevin Kipper?
Not any relation to him, my real name is Dirk Kipper alias "STORMLORD"

And yes, you're right the saturation is really a little bit strong here. The rendered earth in 3DsMax looks much better in my opinion, which is mainly based upon the different water colours in the oceans. I created a different set of maps (2 Phytoplankton particle maps, Chlorophyl map, Aeorsol map to simulate the current flow of the water) which I embedded in the oceans via very highly detailed masks in 42K Resolution. I created them a few years ago. I have created masks for everything, pol regions, land, water, ice, water, lakes, lakes+rivers in 4 different levels of detail, further some political maps with borders, country names, all the capitals, ect... they have been created to fit perfectly into the rendered ones (So cool for blendings folks!). The original Poposhop file is more than 6GB, but many layers in 42K Resolution needs some space. At the moment I have started to create a shallow water region mask and another 2 very detailed cloud maps. But with an old Pentium Quadcore with 8GN RAM it's a pitty. In a few months I intend to buy a new machine, then I will finish them.

Earth 2020 Map.jpg
Screenshot of the final map in Photoshop with the embedded maps (The earth itself here was rendered in 3dsMax)

But if you look closer you can clearly see the color differences in the oceans. These are popping out quite good in the Rendering of Studiomax. This one in the screenshot is my most realistic and detailed rendering of an earth so far. And I did a few renderings since more than 20 years. The original is 10.000 x 10.000 and was splitted into 4 Segments to finally render them (I have only 8GB RAM!).

Earth 2020 versus Earth 2016.jpg
Old and new map by comparison (The many differences in the oceans colours make the difference and breathe life into a rendered earth!)

STORMLORD

N-drju

Great! You've got yourself a new avatar. :D
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"