Earth Project

Started by RogueNZ, May 07, 2020, 04:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyphyr

These are great.
I'm most interested in your cloud and atmo settings.
I found in my experiments that the global cloud image did not give good results if plugged in directly to the cloud density slot.
I also had to increase the gamma and white point  to get more detail out of the cloud maps.
Earth_26.jpg
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

RogueNZ

Thanks Richard. I think an important step is modulating the cloud depth as well, and in this case I simply used the same cloud mask. It makes a big difference, even if not physically accurate.

I used a colour adjust node to reduce the white point of the mask as well. I adjusted nearly every parameter in the Cloud layer and Atmosphere nodes, spent hours doing so and eventually honed in on something that works. There was a bit of postwork done on all of the images including adding clarity and sharpness.

In my sunset renders I have a second atmosphere that is used to add more red colour (mainly to the water reflections) without affecting the main atmosphere too much.

DocCharly65

Great series of great shots! Thanks for sharing the tgc.

Dune

Looks really good! Thanks for the tgc.

RogueNZ

I should have also mentioned, if you want the highest quality clouds, you will need to download the two hi res cloud tiles (east and west) from NASA and stitch them together. https://visibleearth.nasa.gov/images/57747/blue-marble-clouds

Brennan.Meinke

MY gosh. That's stunning. I'm still really early into familiarizing myself with everything that Terragen 4 can do, and that gives me a lot to look into.

Stormlord

Quote from: cyphyr on May 10, 2020, 03:41:09 AMThese are great.
I'm most interested in your cloud and atmo settings.
I found in my experiments that the global cloud image did not give good results if plugged in directly to the cloud density slot.
I also had to increase the gamma and white point  to get more detail out of the cloud maps.
Earth_26.jpg

Also a very beautiful rendering Richard!

Thank you very much for sharing your Atmosphere Settings RougueNZ.

STORMLORD

cocateho26

Great work, very realistic!

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"