too computer-generated?

Started by René, June 12, 2020, 07:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymoh

"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

raymoh

I had to look twice: This looks like a landscape generated and composed with Terragen. In reality it is a photo of Bavarian mountains.

https://www.deviantart.com/eegarim/art/When-Heavens-Argue-854377294
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

Dune

You're absolutely right. Very TG!

WAS

Quote from: raymoh on February 06, 2021, 06:33:22 AMI had to look twice: This looks like a landscape generated and composed with Terragen. In reality it is a photo of Bavarian mountains.

https://www.deviantart.com/eegarim/art/When-Heavens-Argue-854377294

Wow, that's crazy. The lighting in that image is great.

SILENCER

Actually, the swiss cheese kind of resembles the pock-marked Santa Monica Mountains near m

WAS

Some wind swept and water eroded stands in Nanya Taiwan

Suwa_Foughten_Field

That's actually why I started using Terragen: I was looking for a tool to create realistic terrain for a game project, and then noticed that unlike other programs, I couldn't always tell what was generated in TG, and what was a real life picture...

raymoh

René

That looks like a gigantic mouth. :o

akulenkt

Wow! Firstly I was too excited, that this is a picture, I could believe. So yeah, I really like the questions about mixing real reality and CG reality, when often they look the same. This blows my mind. Everything right now could be a fake, where is the truth?

I really like the studio, which works on questions of reality, here one of my favorite projects. Okay, you can guess, that is not real, but how earnestly pictures looks like?
Also you can read about real and hyperreal. For me, it was super useful and opening things.

Toggle

I wonder what processes trigger such regular strata. What do you think about it?