WIP- Jo Kariboo

Started by Jo Kariboo, June 13, 2020, 10:27:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Kariboo

Planet 13

N-drju

Beautiful shot Jo. The atmosphere looks very lively, reminds me of the "Homeworld" franchise. :)

What do the light sources in the lower atmosphere represent?
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

raymoh

It seems to me like Doomsday: Atomic explosions seen from space...
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

Jo Kariboo

The light sources may look like explosions, but that was not my intention. I've been having fun using light sources in Terragen for a long time to get some mysterious lighting. In the Planet x series I even use (high intensity) light sources several times to replace suns. These sources were often very close to the ground to imitate a setting sun. By making a bad manipulation the camera ended up in high altitude and I saw that the effect was interesting. After several tests I made this rendering.

N-drju

Quote from: raymoh on June 14, 2020, 09:19:20 AMIt seems to me like Doomsday: Atomic explosions seen from space...

That, indeed, was my first thought as well.

But that could actually have a great potential in combination with Hetzen's push-pull setup - clouds being pushed away by the power of a nuclear explosion. Interesting in terms of an art "proof-of-concept", though of course, a very ominous and depressingly sad thought on its own...
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Hannes

Indeed beautiful!

Jo Kariboo

I think I'll go with image 5, and what would you choose?

Jo Kariboo

4 and 5

Kadri

All are nice. I like 1 and 2 more.

Hannes

Amazing. I like them all. :)

masonspappy

Rather taken with # 2.  Great contrast between huge mountains and tiny (relatively) Winnebago.  You sort of get the feel that it has to be one very determined vehicle to scale those mountains.

DannyG

always curious what you will eventually submit. Your WIP's have always been an array of images. Good to see you working in TG
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

j meyer

Nice images, I prefer 2 and 5.
Good luck.