Hannes' Travelers thread

Started by Hannes, June 17, 2020, 08:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amandas

Really like your approach. You should call the piece The Adventures of Baron Munchausen Vol. II ;) Curious about the progress. Good luck!
Artist / Developer
open for freelance / full project cycle
http://arturmandas.com

Agura Nata

Well done, great work! :)

I also submitted a surreal work for the competition and I didn't find it necessary to open a WIP too, who understands my stuff;)
"Live and Learn!"

Hannes

OK, that's it. I uploaded my entry, after I made some of the changes Klaus suggested. I added people (barely visible), some flags as well (to the left castle) and finally created some sort of exhaustion smoke. There are twelve localised clouds in a row representing smoke puffs for the left and for the right side as well (unfortunately barely visible and obscured by the car, but placed correctly).
Like before I composed the car's balloon area (non-GISD) over the existing one to get rid of the Moirée pattern.

Dune

Wonderful, the exhaust smoke is really a Hannes addition, love it. Good luck, Hannes! I hope you end up second :P

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on June 19, 2020, 12:32:24 PMGood luck, Hannes! I hope you end up second :P
Thanks a lot, Ulco! So, a third place would be OK for you? ;)

masonspappy

Very cool and fun. Really like this!!

sboerner

Dune

N-drju

Quote from: Hannes on June 19, 2020, 12:46:25 PM
Quote from: Dune on June 19, 2020, 12:32:24 PMGood luck, Hannes! I hope you end up second :P
Looks like you have an agreement regarding 3rd and 2nd, so I'll humbly take the first. 8)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Hannes

Quote from: N-drju on June 20, 2020, 06:44:20 AM
Quote from: undefined
Quote from: undefinedGood luck, Hannes! I hope you end up second :P
Looks like you have an agreement regarding 3rd and 2nd, so I'll humbly take the first.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dune

KlausK

The changes make a HUUUGE difference (I had to say that, hadn`t I ::) ).
Seriously, the exhaustion puff is really cool!
And believe it or not, I think the - even though barely visible - flags and people far below the viewpoint do have an impact on the viewer.
May be a subconscious perception, but that`s what you expect down there somehow.
And I take it for granted that the judges will take notice of details like that.
If not, I`d be disappointed.

Good luck to all who already sold the skin of the bear! Yay ;D

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Hannes

Thanks a lot, Klaus! This is very encouraging!!! Good luck to all contestants from me as well, and may the best win!!