WIP - Masonpappy's entry

Started by masonspappy, June 17, 2020, 03:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I love Serge! You should give him human-like eyes.

sboerner

Nice! He'll definitely fit in.

masonspappy

Well, I put some work into the new alien (aka Serge) only to realize most of the detail gets lost due to distance between Serge and the camera.

Oh well...

Dune

This is so cool! A crop I presume? Maybe you can get closer to this part then, perhaps even use DOF and don't have the whole boat in front. One thing; I would perhaps lighten up the big victim, it's so black, so you don't see any details. And perhaps give the other guy a slightly more natural reddish lobstercolor too.

masonspappy

Quote from: Dune on June 29, 2020, 02:07:12 AMThis is so cool! A crop I presume? Maybe you can get closer to this part then, perhaps even use DOF and don't have the whole boat in front. One thing; I would perhaps lighten up the big victim, it's so black, so you don't see any details. And perhaps give the other guy a slightly more natural reddish lobstercolor too.
It is a crop. Just takes too long to render the who thing. Here's one that's a bit wider, encompassing the aliens and humans.Not sure about the color of the monster. Probably would have been better to move the black toward gray and show up detail that way.  Going to play with it a bit. I've toned down Serge's coloring somewhat, not quite so bright now.

WAS

Quote from: masonspappy on June 28, 2020, 05:38:05 PMWell, I put some work into the new alien (aka Serge) only to realize most of the detail gets lost due to distance between Serge and the camera.

Oh well...

Ha! Love this!

N-drju

For some extra humour, I'd have the skipper wave "Go vegan!!!" banner. :P
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

masonspappy

Quote from: N-drju on July 03, 2020, 03:44:40 AMFor some extra humour, I'd have the skipper wave "Go vegan!!!" banner. :P
;D ;D

masonspappy

My final submission for better or worse. Thanks everyone for your input during the WIP!
:)

Just for the record:
All objects (Boat, aliens, plants, trees) created by me in Blender (various versions) except for boat skipper and boy, which were created in DAZ3D and finished in Blender.

Dune

It's an extremely funny entry! Good luck!

mhaze

Jo Kariboo

Nice fantasy picture, good luck!