Winners “Travelers” 2020 Theme Challenge

Started by DannyG, July 25, 2020, 04:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Quote from: Dune on October 09, 2020, 01:32:21 AMYou're welcome, Cam. It's just that I am not very pleased about this behavior. You either sponsor or don't.

Would it be ok, legal-wise, for you to simply claim the prize and gift it to Cam right away? In my understanding, you have the liberty to do whatever you please with your reward even if it means throwing it in the dust bin.

Granted, that's strange. When I had problems with the purchase they have gone to great lengths to make it up for me. Going even as far as to include .3ds formats which I don't even need.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

I don't think so, as it is not allowed to give any paid software to others. Unless maybe you discard it yourself. But I wanted to play it nicely and in correspondence with these guys. But I haven't even heard from them myself.
I actually wonder if any of the winners have been contacted....

N-drju

Quote from: Dune on October 13, 2020, 09:03:48 AMI don't think so, as it is not allowed to give any paid software to others. Unless maybe you discard it yourself. But I wanted to play it nicely and in correspondence with these guys. But I haven't even heard from them myself.

I guess you are right. Better not to press one's luck on this.

No contact from Xfrog upon winner announcement? :o I hate to theorize, but could they have just ignored the topic altogether, coming to the conclusion that each of you had already won an Xfrog package?

This is super convenient for a company - it is displayed as a sponsor but pays nothing determining that winners have already got their products in one of the past iterations. And we all know that there really is no "unit" for digital products.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

Nope. I think it strange; getting the ad value as sponsor and not deliver.

xfrog

Large apologies, we are like flies trapped in prehistoric ooze.... slow but still here. 

Prizes have all been sent.

Let me know if you have any questions

-Xfrog

xfrog

Quote from: Dune on October 13, 2020, 09:03:48 AMI don't think so, as it is not allowed to give any paid software to others. Unless maybe you discard it yourself. But I wanted to play it nicely and in correspondence with these guys. But I haven't even heard from them myself.
sorry we were slow on the draw. all prizes have been sent.

Dune

Good to hear from you guys. Sorry about you entrapment, hoping you're all well at XFrog. Prize well received, and we'll get working on the transfer. Thanks very much!

Hannes