Terragen 4.4.44 on Mac Keeps Crashing

Started by jhmart1, July 03, 2020, 06:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhmart1

For the past few days, the application has been crashing for no apparent reason. Happens quite often when I try to randomize the seed of a population, but has crashed unexpectedly at other times as well. Tried downloading and opening the 4.4.67 Frontier build, but the 3D preview is the size of a postage stamp and cannot be enlarged. Very frustrating. Any thoughts?
Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 7.31.14 AM.png

Crash log:
Crash Report 20200703.pdf

Matt

Hi, welcome to the forum!

We're looking into the OpenGL window size problem now.

About the crash, is there an image rendering when the crash happens, or just previews?
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Matt

From the crash log it seems that there was an image rendering when the crash happened. At the moment it's not possible to make changes to the scene while while an image is rendering without risking a crash. Some things can be changed, but the majority can't.

jhmart1

I believe it is only when the 3-D preview window is rendering. Waiting impatiently for the Mac update to be finalized!  :0)

Matt

This line here tells me that an image was rendering when it crashed (on Thread 14): RenderSubregionFromStack_RobustAdaptive
And another line on Thread 0 says that an edit box was edited. So I think this falls under known behaviour which can be avoided (although it would be great if it handled this more safely).

I know there may be other instabilities even when not rendering, so if it crashes again and it's not rendering an image, can you send another crash report for that?

We're looking into the 3D Preview sizing issue in 4.4.67.